Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, July 21, 2006

Sorry

I want to apologize for not posting much in the last few weeks. After my trip to the WSOP for the first week I have been busy at work and on a number of trips and vacations but not for poker. I have played very little, and the poker that I have played has been up at Parkers in the $8/16 game for fun and to work on a few things in my game without putting any real money at risk. I have played three small sessions. One I wanted to play as a complete maniac pre-flop and then adjust on the flop to work on reading skills. The other two I went back to normal poker mode. Funny thing is the only session of the three I won was the maniac session. I don't know what that says about my game right now but it was fun. I have been on a horrible run for the last month. Even worse was that it started just as they kicked the game up to $150/300 at the Muck and I played $100/200 at the WSOP. Almost all of the sessions had losing results, not big, but it is all relative at the limits played. It hurt the bankroll and ego. I feel like I don't even know what I am doing right now. I can't even beat the $8/16 game at Parkers, depressing. I am trying to work on a few things as well as just play my way through an absolute horrible run of cards. 90% of the big pairs I have had in the last month have lost. Unfortunately for me I am not seeing them much right now either. Don't even want to know the percentage I am losing with AK right now. Just ugly. I am missing steal hands completely on flops, it seems like I miss every draw, and get picked off on every bluff, just depressing. I know that there must be some leaks in my play right now as well. You can't lose every session based on cards, but it sure feels that way right now. I just need to get better somehow, someway. I will be down at the Muck next Tuesday to try to get back into a regular groove, hope this will start me on the right path again. You also might have noticed that I once again went to not posting actual numbers. I have been concerned that with the new law passed in my State that there are probably too many people who are not poker players, and who may be State related, looking at this site. I don't want to draw anymore attention to myself from the non-poker world. I don't want to be an example, I just want to play cards.

On the other front I have not posted much about my friend Aaron down at the WSOP because there has been nothing to post about. He has played in only 3 or 4 tournaments, all non-cashes. He did play the $50,000 HORSE event and made it to day two but everyone(ok all but 14 of the 143) made it to day two so that was a non-event as well. He has also done nothing in the cash games. He started on a good note and then has slide back down to around even on some crushing beats in the NL game. He is feeling much like myself right now where nothing seems to be going right and the cards feel like they are conspiring against you. They suck you in and then stomp on your bankroll. I hope he has a good week leading up to the main event and finally breaks through in the main event, but with 8,000 players the odds are not in ones favor. Good luck to all that are going to be in the main event, it will happen again without me this year as I just can't get away from work for a day let alone two weeks for a deep run. If you go to the event knowing you need to bust and get back to work you might as well just put up $10k on a single blackjack hand. At least you have a chance of getting some money back on that play.

Lastly I updated my blog roll to those that I am really reading. I dropped a couple, and will look to add some, but right now just subtractions. I dropped Josh because he just does not post. Shame as I like some of his stuff, but he just must not be interested anymore. Might have something to do with his lack of success lately in any events as well.

Also, remember any of you who don't have a rakeback deal online to use my link at the left for Rakeback.com. I use them and have been really pleased with the way they do business. Good luck and I hope you are all winning. Talk to you next week....SJ

1 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

How do we plow through long periods of time when big pairs don't hold up and big draws don't come through?

The best part of my game up until now has been playing more hands more agressively. Unfortunately, with three or four (or 10?) consecutive sessions like this, my BR is gone.

I'm calling this my "introspective period," otherwise known as waiting to hit the lottery so I can restock my vanished bankroll.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home