Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Up and Down we Go

The Hideaway is dead. The last good room managers left to go to Parker's up the street and all but killed the cardroom this week. I stopped by last night to play 10/20 after a completely useless stop at the limit tournament at diamond Lil's that was a series of big hands that missed every time. There was only one short handed 4/8 game filled with dealers. Wow, I hope the place does not die and go away, but they need some major changes to get that place back on the map. So into Parker's I go. They only had 6/12 and 8/16, so I started at 6/12 and proceed to win only one hand in 2 1/2 hours. Wow, just a run of crappy cards after crappy cards. Played ok, but lots of new faces in a new room and no table image and not reading particularly well last night to boot. That turned into a $250 loss right out of the gate. I then moved to the 8/16 game with hopes of turning it around. I proceeded to get crappy cards, but instead of continuing to throw them away I pushed a few too many marginal hands(k,j. A,10. q,10, etc) and took the usual short end of the stick when you are not running good, and throw on top the new faces, not reading well, and no table image you can guess what happened. I hung around for a few hours and then just went straight down in flames. Last hand I raised with AK and flop came k,9,7. Turn and river did not improve and I got raised on the turn and kept calling to the river against a set of 9's. That was my night. Crappy play coupled with crappy cards equals a loss of $669. Put on top of that the $65 buy-in at Diamond Lil's and total loss for the night was $734. Back down again for the month. I have not played much this month yet, but I now have to climb back out again. Up and down, not out. The new manager at Parker's said he would run a regular Tues night(my weekday poker night) 12/24 game. I hope that is true as I hope to get out this Friday and next tues to start the road back. The loss I took is pretty big for that limit. A little too much variance for my liking which means I am playing too many hands, and not getting away from losing flops right now. Need to play much better to make money this month. Talk to you this weekend. Good luck to those in AC at the Borgatta, wish I were going. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home