Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Now that's What I am Talking About

So off to the Muck last night to play a little cards. Much more normal night down there this time. $50/100 game going, short list, usual cast of characters, back to normal. I am 2nd up on the list so I jump into the $10/20 game to bide my time for a bit, besides the jackpot is up over $150,000 and that would be a nice poker roll to take down to the WSOP. The $50 game does not have a jackpot drop, so this is the only game you can hit it in, or lower games as well. I don't really like the jackpot anyway. I have never even come close to hitting one, heck I have not even been in a cardroom that has hit one in over two years. They just don't hit when I am there and no chance at my table. I am bad jackpot luck. I have put thousands into that box and have never received a dime out of it. I will keep my dollar thank you.

So I play $10/20 for about 45 minutes, and I get to play with Dr. Chako for about 15 or 20 of that time. Not enough to really play with him, and I don't think we even played a pot together. One of these days we are going to get him into the $50/100 game. I think he just likes beating up that $10/20 game too much. He did not even stay that long, but every time I went over to look around he had more chips in front of him. Don't blame him for just staying in the game you are crushing on a regular basis, but step up man, take a shot. You might surprise yourself. Looks like he cashed out another pile. Good job.

When I finally get into the $50/100 game things went fine. Nothing exciting, not running poorly, but not running great either. No big hands, not even any memorable ones. Just run of the mill poker, just the way I like it. This is where you make your money. Just making small decisions well, staying away from trouble hands, and getting off of hands you have a good read that are beat. My timing was pretty good last night as well. The pots just kind of played themselves. When I was in the BB or in late position and had lots of limpers or a raise and 4 or 5 callers I would look down and see a great drawing hand. 8,9 suited, 8,10 suited, J,10 suited, so you call. Then if you miss you get away, and if you hit, which I did a few times in that game, you get paid. I almost never timed it wrong where you caught a trouble piece of the flop and went with it or chased. I was feeling really good about the game.

So as fate would have it the guy Brian I was talking about from last Friday decides to come down to the Muck and we start talking about starting a $100/200 game. Of course with the brilliant staff at the Muck it takes us about an hour and 1/2 to finally get the game cranked. We were going to go 4 handed, me, Barry, Pete, and Brian. Then one other regular sat down, and then one more from the $50 game who I would not think would play, took a shot at the game as well, and we were 6 handed. Really nice game, short enough to loosen up a bit, but long enough to play tight as well. I learned my lesson from Friday and had adequate bankroll on me this time just in case this happened. Besides I was also up $2,500 in the $50/100 to start with. All was good.

So I start off just like the $50/100 game. Nice, comfortable, not up a ton but slowly inching up, then BAM. I just got into zone, timed everything right, hit everything in site, bluffed at the right time, laid down against monsters, all was perfect. I was cracking AA's, hitting flushes, making straights, making nut full houses to second nut houses, it was a beautiful thing to behold. I don't even know how long it lasted but before I knew it I was up over $10,000. I have not run like that in over a year, I almost forgot what that felt like, nice to have it happen at $100/200 and not $8/16. I coasted for a bit and then just decided that this was a nice day, and called it a night. I am sure I might have made a few people upset that I took all my chips and went home a little early, but on the flipside there was no guarantee I was going to cool of either, so maybe some were happy that I left. There were some stuck bummed out guys at the table. Some were running as bad as I was good, which makes for a very long night. Been there, not fun, tough to keep a good attitude, but the table stayed stable all night.

Brian was as bad as I had heard. He was playing way too many hands, raised with way too much crap, and tried to run you off hands with garbage. When you hit you make a ton, when you miss you lose a ton, and I think he was in for $7-10k when I left. I am sure he got in further, and hopefully made everyone a winner that night. Don't know where the money comes from, probably don't want to know. It all spends the same at the store.

So final tally, WAY UP +$10,986. Biggest win in Seattle, up there in the top 5 all time. Of course it does help when you are playing $100/200 as that is only 54.93 BB's. Just like winning $1,098.60 in the $10/20 game, just add a couple of zeros. This helps get the year back on track, as you all know I had a really poor start to the year. I will not be playing this weekend, so next shot to take my money is next Tuesday. Hope you are all winning, talk to you soon.....SJ

2 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

Awesome post - well done!!

The only pot I played with you was in a multiway. You raised in EP and there were two limpers. I called with 78 of diamonds. The flop missed me and I got away cheap.

That was the first time I ever quadrupled up - and I did it in an hour and 10 minutes! There was a guy names Brian in the 9 seat who played every hand. That wasn't the same Brian, was it?

As soon as I'm up 10K for the year, I'll take a shot at the 50/100 game. I'm almost there, but I feel like I need that cushion to play my game.

Oh - in answer to your last post, I've become the king of the short session. I do it mostly because of time constraints, but it's forced me to minimize my losses and think about the game as one long session. Maybe it's different in the big game, but at 10/20, reading the table is pretty easy. Most of the players are regulars and the newbys are pretty easy to figure out. I'm not sure how I'd feel at a new place, but I'd probably need at least 3 hours to feel comfortable. I'll let you know when I get back from "Joysey."

-DrC

7:41 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Great job. Sounds like you made a solid decision to exploit and the split, not really a hit and run but booking your win. You need a couple of these to get booked, I think. Well done.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home