Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, September 26, 2005

No Look back...Finally

I went down to the Muck late on Friday. I got there around 9:00pm and waited around to get into a bigger game. I got into the $20/40 game and sat there for about 1/2 and hour before I got into the $30/60 game. The game was typical for a Friday. Some had been there all day and were stuck, some up big, and some were drinking on a Friday night and having fun. Overall game was primed to win. I started out focused and ran well right off the bat. I picked up a few nice pots, and never looked back finally. I have been getting off stuck for the last few months. The good part was that I always have come back and won, today I started off winner, and grew the win. I must have picked up pocket KK's five times, and I won all of them except for one which I let myself get outplayed. I was in the BB with KK's, It was raised on the Button, I three bet, he capped. Flop came A,Q,7. I checked he bet I folded my KK's face up. I figured it was not time to play a big pot, and I had not played a pot with this guy yet so I did not know what he was capable of three betting. I put him on an A, but I also could not beat QQ's at this point, so I figured I would get away cheap. He showed me JJ's. If I had been really thinking and on top of my game I would have bet out and see what happened. As it was I gave up the pot by checking. My mistake, live and learn.

I would also like to pass on a word of wisdom that continues to peve me when a player makes this mistake. There was a good young player in the game who was stuck pretty good. One of the drinking gamblers was putting him on tilt with bad hands and this kid could not/was not handling it well. When you have a good aggressive player on tilt you do not want him to leave the table. Especially when you know he can not get his game righted that night. So what happens. He gets a set cracked by the drinking gambler when he hits a gutshot. The kid takes about $1500 off the table to go play Baccarat and clear his head. He proceeds to lose this money in the pit and comes back to the table. Now the rule is that you are supposed to replace the chips you take off the table when you come back. He clearly did not have them as he lost them in the pit. He still had over $2,000 on the table and no one cared if he put them back. The rest of the $2,000 was in play, and he most likely had some more cash in his pocket. One guy next to him, who only had like $600 in front of him, and was a losing player, proceeded to ask the dealer to remind him to replace the chips. Everyone else said no big deal, but he insisted. So the dealer called the floor, and the floor ruled correctly that he had to replace the chips. Well this just pissed him off to the breaking point and he quit. The guy claimed that if he had to do it then everyone should have to do it and since it happened to him before he thought it was fair. What a stupid position. This guy was going to blow off the rest of his chips and still had $2,000 in front of him, why do you care. Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about. You NEVER want a player on tilt to leave the game. I repeat NEVER, even if he breaks the rules. Players need to see the whole picture before doing something that is bad for the game. If he was winning and playing well then I may want him off the table, not likely but as least maybe. This was a clear cut mistake, and this guy was a donkey to boot.

Well I ended up playing well and running pretty well to the close that night and quit at about 1:30am. Not a long session but I made $2,382 or 8.8 BB an hour. Good win rate for a live game. Hope everyone is winning, talk to you soon as I will play on Tuesday this week. SJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Seattlejohn said...

Had time to go on Friday so I went. No such days as easy days, just the makeup of the game. You can have a good game or a tough game no matter what day you go. Just depends on who else is there. Good Luck.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home