Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Quickie

Went up to Parkers for a quickie on Friday night. I spent the day in LA for work, Down and back in one day for a quick trip. I had to fight the urge to stay that night and go to Commerce and play, but I had stuff I needed to do on Saturday in Seattle so I could not swing it. The urge to play was planted so I went late night for me(10:00pm) to get in a quick session and see some friends I don't get to play much with anymore because they don't travel south to the Muck. It is fun to see peoples reaction to me in the game that don't know me. I am a fresh face to them, the regulars at Parkers today.

I jumped into the 8/16 game, and I told myself to concentrate and play well. I managed to do that pretty well. As I said it is also fun to see people's reaction to players they have not seen. It is the default position of most people to think since they have not seen me I must be new to the game and not know what I am doing. They invariably try to run over me on the first few hands that I am in with them. Then they kind of figure out that they should give me some respect, and look down and I have $200 of your money. I always default to respect until you give me a reason to think you are gambling or a bit loose. Otherwise I will give your raises meaning and respect your bets. It costs too much money otherwise and you end up with the same information, yet that is what you see most in the middle to low limit games. Never underestimate your opponents, even in small games. There are great players at all levels, just not big bankrolls for one reason or another that allow them to play bigger games. Someone may just decide to sit in a small game for fun. That can go both ways however, some players sit in a small game and gamble because the money means nothing to them, but you can figure that out quickly. I also did not show many hands that night either, which was kind of weird. People just kept getting out of my way, one even made the comment I want to call you just to see what you have been playing because no one has called you hands down tonight. They called and I happened to have the nuts this time, and that helped cement the table image. It went great from there and I ended up booking a small win for a three hour session of $295. 6BB an hour, not too shabby. No fun hands, just good pots, so I will not bore you with any details.

Hope you had a good Labor Day Weekend. I will not get to play until Wednesday as I have to work today so I will play tomorrow. Will be a new night at the Muck but I doubt I will see any new faces there. Talk to you soon. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home