Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, August 12, 2005

Just not Easy

One of these days I am going to have an easy session. I have not run well in over 6 months now. I want a day where I get good cards and they hit, and you make a ton of bets. All of my sessions are turning into grind it out slugfests where you are in pots with strong but not lock hands and you have to fade the draws and really focus to read whether your hand is good or not. It is just not easy right now.

I went down yesterday afternoon to play at the Muck. I got there at 1:30pm and the $30/60 game was already full with an 8 person list. I got into the $20/40 game after about 30 minutes of sitting around and started off dead even. I then got a seat in the $30/60 game about an hour later and proceeded to get 6 playable hands in the first round and lost all of them. All mid pocket pairs, one pair of QQ's and an AK. All lost. Stuck $800 right from the get go. Crap. I was patient and ground myself back to even and over the course of the next 4 hours proceeded to get every high pair cracked. I had Pocket QQ's 5 times, all lost, two Pair of KK's cracked, pocket JJ's Crack, Then Pocket AA's CRACK. I will not bore you with the bad beat stories because you have heard them all before. But I was getting frustrated. I kept getting pushed back down every time I got some momentum. I was just about dead even after about 6 hours of play.

Then the table started to get short, and the few gamblers(donkey's) left with money started to average out their draws(meaning they started to miss). I picked up my aggressiveness, started bluffing, holding on to marginal boards, and hitting a little finally. I did get pocket AA's twice and lo and behold they actually held up. In one five handed pot I was in the SB with AA's. Second spot entered the pot with a raise, third called, I three bet and the BB dumped other two called and we take the pot off three handed. Flop came down Q high, I bet right out, get raised, and called and I three bet and both call. Turn a 3, I check again, second checks, and now the third guy bets and I get to raise again. This time the second guy dumps, but the third guy calls again, river a 6, I bet out and get called. I turn over pocket AA's and he shows me his KK's. Perfect. Nice big pot. I was taking a chance that there was not pocket QQ's out there, but I felt pretty good about my read after the flop so I went with it. I also had the read that someone would bet the turn even after I three bet. I tried to play it like I had AQ, and that is exactly what he put me on when he bet the turn. I got an extra bet out of him for it. That one felt good. I proceeded to beat up the table for the next two hours, One guy left and we played 4 handed for about on hour until 2:00am when I finally quit up $1,755. Felt good to book that win after such a tiring day of getting cracked and having to really read well to make money. I wish I could have stayed as there was one donkey left who was going to loose the rest of his money in this game but I had to go to bed. I also love to play shorthanded. I am a huge favorite in these games up here short. No one really plays well short in Seattle except for one or two other players and they did not stick around in the game. O well next time. Good luck and talk to you soon..SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home