Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Heater Over

I had to go to LA for work on Monday so of course I had to go down just a little early on Sunday night to visit one of my favorite cardrooms in the word, The Commerce. I arrived there around 8:00pm Sunday night and the place was busy as usual. The main event of the week or so long tournament they were running had started that day so there were a few names of the poker world in the room. There was a decent sized no-limit game going that had Kenna James in it and by the looks of it doing well. There was also a $400/800 mixed game that had Freddy Deeb, and JC Tran banging around. I decided to play a little $100/200 hold-em and got a seat pretty quickly. The games were not good. No one was gambling, all the players were pretty much regulars, and there were no soft spots. I really did not want to go play $40/80, although that might have been a better spot to make money, so I took my seat in the $100/200 game because I am stupid. I did nothing all night. I sat there and played a decent game, but could just not make all my good hands hold up. Of course you don't expect to, but in this game to make money you needed them to. I got stuck right out of the gate and never recovered. I would start to make a run and then get KK's cracked. I would win a few small pots and then gamble on a hand and wiff. No one would give their money away. The $100/200 game down there the last few times has been real poor. Tough games, good players, not much chance to make money. I have just not had any luck this year in LA. Two trips, 0 for 2. Not much of a sample, but losses nonetheless. I still love the place and will still go down there to play cards, but the games are just not as easy as they used to be. I may go play $40/80 next time down just to see how those games are playing.

OK heater over, well maybe not in Seattle, but that run of good cards and good play came to an end when I ran out of time to play before I had to go to bed. So I went to bed stuck -$4,708, not a big loss, as I have not had a big one yet in LA. I wish I could have stuck around. David Pham, and my good friend Chris from Seattle, were in the other $100/200 game and were coming my way. Looked like there was a little gamble going on over on the other table and it would have come my way if I felt like staying up all night. NOPE, I have a job, and I would have been a mess on Monday had I done that. Getting close to taking a real poker trip where I can just keep playing if I want to. Soon, WSOP soon.

I will not play tonight as I am tired from the trip. I may take a shot on Friday somewhere. I will also post later in the week on some other random poker thoughts. Hope you are all winning, talk to you soon..SJ

2 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

So why do we sit down at a table that we know we shouldn't sit at? Is it pride and ego?

6:28 PM  
Blogger Seattlejohn said...

I don't konw if I would call it that I knew I should not sit there, but I had a pretty good idea that it was going to be a tough game to make money in.

I did not really want to play $40/80, so I decided to play in the $100/200 game knowing it was a tough game. I knew most of the players in the game already so it was somewhat a social reason. I also don't get to play with them much as I am in LA very infrequently. I guess you could say because I wanted to is as much of a reason as anything. I have commented on that topic before with my friend Aaron. I will talk more about that in a post later this week. SJ

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home