Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, August 08, 2005

Back From Vacation

I did play on the 29th of July one last time before vacation in the $30/60 game at the Muck to see if I could stop the two day slide. Well I did, only $1,018, but at least it was a win. The game was good as usual. I was a bit tired from working and playing for 4 days straight but it was fun. I have not been able to go on a good poker bender for a while. I was hoping for some better results, but I will take the win and hope for better results next time. There was nothing of interest to write about from that session, at least not that I can remember 10 days later. I will not get to play much this week maybe once so I will post when I can.

I did get to read some good books on poker while I was in Montana. I read "The Professor, the Banker and the Suicide King". This book was based on the Andy Beal games played at the Bellagio from 2001 to 2004. It dealt with all the big games, and people involved. There is zero poker in this book, but it is still a great read to see how the big game evolved. The money was just crazy, $20,000/40,000 up to $100,000/$200,000. Now that is BIG. I think there are still some facts missing as I know someone who was close to that game but it is pretty much how it went down. Beal did end up a pretty big net loser, and by the looks of it he will not get a rematch. I would like to say that Ted Forrest has big balls. He jumped into a $30,000/60,000 three handed game on his own bankroll at the beginning and won. Now that takes some balls. None of the other players played their own money straight up, and after that first session neither did Ted, but to risk $600,000 on one session is super crazy, and it takes some huge courage to play good poker feeling the pressure he must have felt. Killer stuff.

I also started reading Volume II of Dan Harrington's book. Good stuff so far. Much more interesting than the first volume. It is all no-limit tournament poker stuff but good. I would recommend both books. Good luck to all, and talk to you soon I hope. SJ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home