Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Weathering the Storm

So for my first trip back to playing live in Seattle after my short 24 hour trip to Vegas last week I went to the Muck last night for the $30/60 game. I actually went at lunch so I could get in a good 12-14 session. BIG MISTAKE. I am in the midst of one of the worst dead card runs I have ever had. I played 14 hours yesterday and still did not see AA, or KK once. I had QQ once and they actually won. I jumped right into the $30/60 game and proceeded to just get suck out after suck out dumped on my head. I went through the eye of the storm after about 4 hours and just got demolished for $2,700. I won a total of 3 pots in those 4 hours, and lost countless others on the river for big pots that I had put a ton of money in to lose on the river. If you just get beat on the flop you can get away from the hand for not a large investment, but I was having one of those days that you just lose every hand you have the lead in and got stuck huge. The tournament time comes at 7:00pm and the $30/60 game breaks and we have to go to $20/40.

The worst possible scenario, I am stuck $3,000 in a little over 5 hours, and now we have to play for lesser stakes. I have to win 50% more BB's just to get back to even. There is almost no way I am getting out of this hole today. I try and try, and I get back within $1,200, but then the beats start coming again, I get tired and frustrated and push a few stupid hands to put myself back in the hole. Just one of those days. Could have saved a few hundred without getting stubborn, but all in all one of those days. I am getting tired of having to work so hard at winning right now. It would be nice to have an auto pilot day, and have some fun winning. Just need to weather this strom and it will be good to feel what getting decent starting cards feels like again. Shitty night for a total loss of $2,590. Crap between Vegas and last night that put a nice dent in my year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home