Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Should Have Stayed on Break

I decided spur of the moment last night to go out and play with a friend who was in town so I went down to the Muck late night last night. I jumped into the $50/100 game at about 9:30pm and it was all down here from there. I should have just stayed on break. But of course I like to play so I did, and who is to say it would not have happened next week the same way. You run how you run. I of course ran like shit. No cards to play, muck for many rounds in a row. Take off a few flops out of the blind when odds are there with draw hands, and then wiff, wiff, wiff. Get AK, and raise and wiff, muck. All night long. Saw AA's once the whole night and got the blinds.

Only hand of interest all night, that of course I lost, was when I picked up pocket 33's in middle position. There was one limper and then a raise and the two blinds were people I had a good feeling would call if I called as well so we were going to get a nice pot to try to flop a set. I of course flopped a set when the flop came 3,10,Q. There was a bet and I just called the flop as my set was well hidden, and there were all kinds of possible draws, I wanted to see the turn to see what happened. All 5 players called. The turn paired the Q, now I have a full house and there is still the straight draws and now a flush draw to keep people in. There was a bet, a call, I raised, and the two dumped behind me, but two called. The river was a nasty Q, putting three Q's on the board and fucking my full house. Of course the two callers had 10's to chop up the pot. NICE.

I ended up playing short handed for a while when the night got long but the run stayed the same. Just more hands to play and more flops to miss. I finally gave up a little early for me down -$2922.

I am heading to Vegas this weekend on Sat. to play in the Sun and possibly Monday tournaments and the Bellagio. Both NL tourn. $1,500 on Sun, and $2,000 on Saturday. Wish me luck. I will also try to jump into the $80/160 or $30/60 games while I am there. Have not been to Vegas since the WSOP so I am really looking forward to it unless I run like I did yesterday. Talk to you soon, hope you are all winning. SJ

2 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

Lousy spam. Good post.

Headed to Vegas tomorrow (Wednesday). If you are still there, send me an email to drchako at aol dot com and I'll buy you a beer.

-DrC

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,
Great blog. Been reading for a while and I thought I'd ask you a question I've been wondering. How did you get up to such high limits? Are you independently wealthy or did you just build a big bankroll and you'll move down if you lose a substantial portion? I'm curious because I make well into 6 figures and I'd be sick if I lost 3 or 4 grand even a couple nights in a row. Just curious how you got comfortable with it, how long it took to move up etc. What do you think the average net worth is of the people you play with? Thanks in advance for any reply

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home