Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, December 19, 2005

Late Post

Sorry, I got too busy to post last week. I did play however on Tuesday at the Muck. It started as a full $50/100 game but soon became short handed with players I really did not want to play short handed with. I continue to just run horrible, and my play might be lacking as well, but it gets exaggerated when you are running poorly to boot. Put on top of that a short handed game with good players, and you have a recipe for disaster. Well that is just what happened. I ended up loosing a buy-in in that game and just called it a night. We were down to three handed and my run of cards showed no sign of getting better so I just quit. If you can take anything away from that it is game selection. I had no edge so I quit.

Not much to learn form this post or that night other than the month of December has been a disaster from a poker standpoint. I had some fun in Vegas if you take away the cards, and only played two other times this month with crap results. I am going to take the rest of the year off and get back at it in January. I think most players are out of town anyway so no big deal.

On a side note if you have been reading this blog for a while you know that my friend Aaron quit playing a while back. I put the over under on a return as next February. He beat it by a mile maybe. He went to Vegas last week to do a little business and ended up staying the whole week. He played in all the big games, and even got a quick mention in Daniel N's blog for playing in the $2000/$4,000 game. The results were not stellar but were not disastrous either. He may be back, or he may quit again. Only time will tell. I hope he gets back into it as he is a great player and you need to keep playing to stay good. I think if he just gets a little confidence back he could make a big splash in 2006. He could also shock me and not even play cards. Let's see. Hope you are having a great holiday season, and look forward to a really profitable 2006. Good Luck and talk to you in the New Year. SJ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a positive note…maybe because it’s the Season to be jolly and sharing. With all the winning sessions you've booked, perhaps you're overdue to give some back, and what's more appropriate to do this then during the Holidays. I'm confident things will run better for you in the New Year. I’ve had similar bad fortune of late.

Happy Holidays Irish "OrangeMan."!!!

Guess who?

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home