Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Good Night Gone Ugly

.....To depressing. What a fucking ugly night last night. I don't even really want to write about it but I will. There was a leftover big game from Monday that got kicked up to $150/300 early morning Tuesday that stuck into the day. I got called at lunch to tell me the game was going but could not get down there right away. When I did finally get there the game was FULL??? What?? This was $150/300, that is a huge game for Seattle. That is a huge game period for straight hold-em. I had to wait a bit and played $50/100 and of course got stuck $2,000 right out of the gate. I had pocket KK's cracked by a J,2 off to start my day and set the mood.

I then finally got a seat in the $150/300 game. Now that is up there with the biggest limit game I have played, and I really did not have enough money on me to feel comfortable, but I played anyway. I managed to get even and then up in the game over a period of a few hours. This game had both Aaron, and Tommy. Both high limit pros from the area, both hyper aggressive, both with WSOP and WPT final tables among them, and Aaron has a WSOP bracelet. While the game was full you could pick your spots to get involved, and I managed to have some hands hold up, and even hit a few from behind. As the night wore on however, the game got short. It eventually got down to Myself, Barry, Aaron, and Tommy. Now fasten you seatbelts.

I was still up just slightly at that time, and even thought about quitting. I should have as it turns out. Aaron had gone back to the old Aaron I know. Hyper aggressive, playing just about every hand for a raise or three bet, and talking and bitching, and being just generally annoying. He actually cycled up $13,000, then stuck $22,000 and all the way back out to up over $6,000 when I left. When you play that style you better catch cards and he did. Add Tommy to the mix who plays a very similar style and you have a game that turns into a card catching contest. All pots once entered are played to the river, and all draws and hands are possible from either one of them. I really don't like to play that style of poker, but I can and I will, but you have to have at least a few hands hold up. I did not. In fact I went on a super negative rush in about and hour and 1/2 that I just gave up and left. I lost KK's to Aaron's 3 bet A,5 off when I capped it on the button and a A spiked right on the flop. I then lost AA to Tommy's 3 bet with 8,5 clubs when he turned a straight on me. I lost 99 to a J,6 3 bet by Aaron, you get the picture, even Barry started to spike on me, demoralizing.

Not much else to say other than is was a sick night, I am really pissed at the result, and myself for not quitting. I only get to play one night a week mostly, so I want to play, not go home early. I guess I need to adjust my thinking. When I feel the game is no longer a good spot and I am up I need to quit no matter what time it is. Maybe I will learn this lesson, maybe not. At lest I don't think I will have to play with Aaron any more for a few months, as we will not be in the same games down at the WSOP, and he is most likely done in Seattle in the short term. If I did one of us would have to quit to preserve our friendship because I could not stand to put up with him in my game for an extended period of time. Between the talking, the constant pressure, and the inconsiderate way he bets and handles his cards I would go nuts. I will write up a post about table manners later this week or early next, not today, still steaming. So result, I fucking lost -$4,809, can you tell I am still pissed about it the next day? That is not even a big loss in that game, a whopping 16BB, just the way it happened just pissed me off. Hope you all are winning and had a better night than I did....SJ

2 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

Sorry to hear about the bad night. It's good to know there isn't much difference between the 20/40 and the 150/300, but it sure makes taking a leap a bit more intimidating.

I'm headed to Vegas around the weekend of July 8th - maybe I'll see you there?

-DrC

PS. I think I fixed my blog post. I got your comment, and then things went haywire. Check it out if you get the chance.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, it's spelled UGLY

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home