Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, June 05, 2006

Nice Comeback

Sometimes a nice comeback from the depths can feel as good as a win. This was my lot on Friday. I did decide to go up to Tulaliup on Friday night as they had the $100/200 game up there that day. I arrived a little late, 9:30pm, and they had been playing since 10:00am that morning. The game had been well defined by then. The winners were up pretty big and the losers were trying to get some back, but were pretty short stacked. There was one seat, so I jumped in. The game was going to change shortly however, and I could sense it. A few of the winners cashed out, and we busted one of the short stacks, so we were going to get short. I sat down and there were three players I had never played with before so I watched a bit. I did get involved early with one of the new players and had to look him up with 2nd pair when he showed no aggression in the pot when I bet out on the flop. He had top pair and very weak kicker so I had the info that I needed. He was a terrible player and would call down with any pair no matter how weak. I then managed to get a few big hands cracked right away and got stuck $5,000 before I even won a pot. Then the worst case scenario happened.

Aaron showed up to play, and one of the players I did not know quit, then some of the other players quit, soon we were down to 4 handed and I felt the game might break after I got stuck, CRAP. Well we busted the 4th player who was a weak player, and it was down to me, Aaron and Barry. This was not a good game, but I was stuck already and was going to stop loss at $7,000 so I kept playing hoping they would not quit me until I was even or broke. I got down to my last $800 and then won a few small pots to put me back up to $2,000 and then this hand happened to start the run at 2:00am.

I had the button w/ 22 and Aaron had just limped on the last hand with AA and won the pot. I figured I would play the hand the same way, and see what developed. I wanted to see a cheap flop and dump if I missed, or if a good bluff board showed
try to steal the pot. Well I did not miss. Flop came 2,2,5 with two diamonds. Wow, I had not flopped quads in a live game in two years, I had no idea if I would even get any action, but Aaron checked and Barry bet in to me. I just called hoping to trap Aaron in there but he mucked and it was just heads up with me and Barry. The turn brought the 3rd diamond a 6. This now could make straights and a flush, Barry bet in to me again. I raised this time, and Barry to my surprise 3 bet me. Perfect he had a hand. I called the three bet hoping for more action on the river. River was a black K. Barry bet again, I raised, he three bet, and I capped. He called the cap bet and I showed quads, and he had the nut flush with a straight flush draw that thankfully missed. The hand played out perfect. He was rightfully not going to put me on 55, 66, as I would have raised preflop. If I just had a big pair he had me unless I hit the two outer on the river with KK's. He was not going to put me on quads, does anyone ever put anyone on quads? So he thought he was good. I would have done the same thing. Just a bad match up three handed. Nice $3200 pot.

I continued to run well against both players for the next 30 minutes and by 2:30am I was up a few bucks. I said I quit, and booked my $347 profit, but in my mind I won $6,000 as I was mentally prepared to go home stuck that amount. Sweet, nice comeback. Aaron of course pulled another good chunk out of the game and went home happy.

I don't know if I feel great about him becoming a regular. I know he will be gone soon to the WSOP so I guess I can put up with him in the game for the next few weeks. Just don't take it from me sir. I wish I could talk some of my bad player friends into playing rather than one that I am a dog to, but at least I get to test my skills against someone I feel is in the top 10 hold-em players in the world today. Maybe I can learn a few tricks. Hope you are all winning. I will be down and the Muck tomorrow so update on Wednesday. SJ

1 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

I'm sure you were referring to me when you were talking about "bad player friends." That's cool. I know I suck, but look for me soon at a table near you!!

-DrC

PS. I've decided to play two events at the WSOP. You gonna be there?

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home