Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, August 25, 2006

HA, I played anyway

I was not going to play on Tuesday this week, but after I got home on Tuesday I wanted to play anyway. I jumped in my car, late for me, at 9:30pm to head over to Parkers to play a little low limit again. To my surprise I got right into an $8/16 game. This was the tightest game I have been in up there in years. Everyone was playing super tight and no one was chasing. This was not going to be too much fun. I started to gamble a bit becuase I knew no one else was going to play, and I felt I could outplay everyone at the table, so I wanted to get into pots heads up. I used this to perfection and then the game got short, even better for me, 4 handed. I started to push the table and they quit on me after only two rounds. CRAP. I was only up a bit and now I had to wait to get into the main game. Lower limit players don't really like to play short. Most don't understand the game changes necessary, and get really pissed when you beat them with a K,7.

I waited for a short bit and then a seat opened up. I got to the table and realized there was an absolute mountian of chips at this table. What was going on?? After the first hand I found out. This table had two or three players that were just gambling on every hand. Not just calling but raising and re-raising with crap. I went from the tightest game ever to one of the most wild games you could play in. One dude rebought in to the game for $3,000?? I knew all that money was in play. This was going to be a great spot to make money. You just had to hold some hands. There was going to be no bluffing at the table. Some of these pots were $500-600 pots, in an $8/16 game!! I picked up a few hands and was up a good $300-$400, then right before I was going to go home I got a K high flush draw out of the blind on the flop and of course with all flops being taken 6,7,8 handed I was getting odds to burn chips, whiff. Then three hands later in late position I picked up A,Q raised pre-flop with only 3 players in the pot, one player called out of the blind and we took the pot off 4 ways with me in position. Flop came Q high two clubs. There was an early bet, a call, I raised, blind dumped, early bettor three bet, sandwich player called cold, and I just called. Turn another Q, no club. I checked, bet, call, I now raised, cap, cold call, I call. I guess the sandwhich is on the club draw. I know I have the capper beat, he has a crap Q. Bingo, club on river. Check, bet, I make the crying call into a massive pot and he shows me clubs. K,2 of clubs. Sweet hand sir!! That burned a few too many chips for my taste, and with the way I have been running I wanted to book a small win. So I did. Whoo Hoo $125 bucks. That game had the potential to make $1,000 in, and some did. The guy who hit the K,2 of clubs had at least $1,300 in front of him. Just not to be for me. O well at least it was a win.

To the comment on the last post why don't I try NL for a while, I whish we had a game up here. We don't, no real NL games. Tulailup runs a NL game with a $500 cap on bets, so not a real game. Once you hit the cap it becomes a $500 limit game. Plus they won't let you buy in for more than $500 anyway. How do you play $5/10 blind NL with only $500 on the table?? I just have not been focused on playing NL. I may try a bit when I go to LV or LA again, but the limit games call me too hard when I go there. I am going to go to LV in October to play in the tournament on the 7th. Hope you are all winning and I will be at the MUCK on Tuesday next week almost for sure..SJ

3 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

Which tournament are you playing in Vegas on October 7th? I may be out there around that time.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Seattlejohn said...

Sat. the 7th $1500 buy-in NL at the Bellagio.

10:33 AM  
Blogger DrChako said...

PS. I corrected the misrepresentation of my AQ hand on my blog (in the comments section).

Thanks for picking up the error.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home