Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Thursday, September 28, 2006

All Internet

I have not had any time to play live this past month except for three sessions and one was a quick and painful one in LA a week ago, so I have turned to the internet this month. I don't usually post about that because it is still illegal in Washington, but it appears that they are not taking any action what so ever to enforce the law, so I post about that as I have had nothing live to post about and I am feeling a little guilty about the lack of time on this Blog. Not that there are that many of you that stop by, but for the few that do here goes.

I have been playing at Ultimate Bet("UB") and Full Tilt("FT") only. I play in the $5/10 6 handed games at UB and $10/20 and up at FT. UB is like crack for poker players, the cards come at lightning speed and you get in twice as many hands there than almost any site out there. The only site I have found that comes close is Bodog and I don't really like the action there. Just not that many games or players. On UB I have just been breaking even, sucks, but so goes my game right now. In that game you get a lot of marginal calls and I can just not hang on to lead on that site right now. Seems like whatever the most improbable beat you can take on that site it will come on the river. Just eerie how they seem to come in bunches. I am not in the camp that I think anything funny is going on, just that I am losing more than my fair share of favorites right now on that site. Variance is a bitch sometimes, and I have been on the wrong side a lot this year, live and internet.

I just started playing a lot more on FT. I used to not really like the site. I still don't like the avatar thing, it makes you feel like you are playing a bad video game. I would like to get one of me, but they want to charge you 1,000,000 points to get a custom one. I guess if I ever got that many I would think about it, but at my pace it would take me about two years to get that many points. Not likely to happen. I think they run some tournaments every once in a while to get one, I guess I will keep my eye out for those.

The games on FT have just been HUGE. I like the chance to watch some of the pros play some really big games. They have been running some $1000/2000 games on there. There has been this guy names TexaslimitKing just crushing the high limit games on there. There was a game the other day where he beat Jdags for about $100,000k and then at the end reloaded to show a balance of over $1,000,000 online. That is just a sick amount of money online. Ivey is fun to watch as well as David Opp. He was playing TLK heads up two days ago in the $500/1000 limit game and beat TLK while I was watching but I left before the session was over so I don't know how it turned out. Just fun stuff however.

The games over there move slower so it is more like a live game, and I have found the players over there to be easier to beat so I think I will play there a bit more to see how I do. I played in a $30/60 game two days ago with Richard Brodie over at Lion Tales. Nice guy, willing to chat at table, never played with him live yet, good player to boot. Crappy session for me at that table, but fun to have the chance to play with these guys. If I can build up a decent roll on there I will take some shots at the $100/200 and higher games. Probably will take me about 6 months to get there but I think right now with the lack of real quality players in the $10/20 game I can get there.

So there is my poker the last month or so. I wish I could get out live more but work has just vaporized my time. I am still planning on going to Vegas next weekend to play in the Sat. Tournament at the Bellagio. Talk to you again probably after I get back from Vegas. Hope you are all winning....SJ

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard Brodie said...

Thanks for the report.

QL

2:01 PM  
Blogger Seattlejohn said...

Hey cool, Mr. Richard Brodie actually stopped by to take a look. Thanks dude. SJ

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are likely more readers than you imagine. Quality writing tends to attract readers.

3:35 PM  
Blogger DrChako said...

QL mentioned he came back to Washington. Does he play at the Muckleshoot?

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home