Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hey there's a game??

I was not planning on going down to the Muck on Friday, I was already at home and then got the green light to go late. I had the stench of my Tuesday session hanging in my nose so I wanted to go erase that memory and maybe recover a little bit of the money. I achieved one of those goals.

When I walked into the room it was the usual Friday night jammed. I walked over to the board and as usual for Friday night there was a nine mile long list for $10/20 games and up. I put my name on the list and was resolved that I was probably only going to walk around talk to a few people and leave as I was not going to get into a game for at least and hour or two. Then to my surprise I walked by a table that was short and saw that there were some regular high limit players at the table. This table was not on the board, what is this?? To my delight it was a short handed $100/200 game with a very good lineup. I took my seat to the left of Chris, perfect seat by the way, and he proceeds to quit 3 hands in. He claimed he was tired and did not want to play a full ring game. Dude, we are still 5 handed, that is not full. It did not matter, he quit anyway. That is ok, he was the best player at the table so not a big loss. He did take quit a few chips out of play when he left however.

I proceed to get nothing to play for the first hour, miss a few preflop calls, and get stuck a pretty good amount right out of the gate. Now this is not what I was hoping for to help ease the pain of Tuesday. I only had to worry about the game breaking because I knew if I played well I would get it back and then some with this lineup. Then an Asian player comes and takes a seat to my direct left. He plays the bigger games sometimes and so I thought he would be good to keep the game going, plus he is an action player so I may get my money back faster. Well, my run of bad cards continues, I stay disciplined and do not play, and he proceeds to take some deep swipes out of the other players stacks. Then he QUITS. HOLY CRAP!!

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. On the internet you can hit and run no problem, there is always a game going on. While I don't really like it that much, online I can live with it, hell even I do it sometimes when I don't have a long time to play. Live is a completely different story. #1)Our game was short to begin with, which means there is no list #2)This game was bigger than most we have been playing down at the MUCK so the players were not fully bankrolled. Even I did not have as much as I would have liked to play this game, but I had no clue this game was going when I left my house. #3)If he quits he takes a lot of chips out of play and he knows this, I think he knew all three. I was super pissed. I will never play with him short handed again. I will just quit if he sits down. It is just plain rude to sit in a short game if you do not have the time to play. If you get busted that is one thing, but to win a rack or so and quit is just RUDE.

So back to the game. I finally start to get a few cards, the other players are starting to break even on their draws and pre-flop bad play, so the good play starts to pay off. I finally get up a few dimes, and we get down to three handed. My plan was to bust the short stack and quit as I did not want to play heads up with the other player. So what happens. I get AA's in the SB, Button raises(the player I want to bust) I three bet, BB mucks, Button calls. Fop came 5,7,Q. I had already bet out dark. He called. I bet dark again, turn 10, he calls. I bet dark, river a 9, and he calls all in and says I got lucky I think. NO SHIT, he showed me 9,5 off for a rivered two pair. WOW. NH Sir, well played. Next hand I get pocket 10's on the Button. I raise and get called in two spots. Flop came 9 high I bet out and got raised. I just called to the river when nothing higher than the 9 came out and he showed me AA's, same guy who just beat my AA's with 9,5. NH sir, well played. Then very next hand I get JJ's in the BB, I three bet out of the BB from a button raise and the BB calls the three bet cold. He says I hope you have AA's as I have an AA cracking hand. Short story he flopped a straight with a 5,8 of clubs, and I went to the river with it. I then said that is it I quit. The player we wanted to bust went with us on the last hand with a flush draw and missed so he only had $400 left. I was not going to risk anymore chips to get his $400. I quit almost dead even. I actually made $29 but who cares in this limit. I went home satisfied with my play but pissed at the results in the last few hands. I should have won at least one of those to win a few dimes. O well I guess I will get them next time.

Hope you are all winning and talk to you soon. I will not be playing tomorrow night as I have to work....SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home