Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, October 16, 2006

A little weekend cards

I managed to get out this weekend to play a little cards. Friday at the Muck and a charity tournament on Saturday night.

I decided I wanted to play a little higher than my normal Friday night fun trips to Parkers $8/16 game so I made the longer trip to the Muck in hopes of finding a bigger game. Unfortunately, the biggest game they had was $20/40 limit and a $5/10 blind NL with a $500 cap bet. The line for the $20/40 game was huge when I got down there late, so I put my name on the list for both games not really wanting to play the funky NL game. Of course what comes up first is the NL game, so I plug my nose and go take a seat. The game was full of some of the regular $50/100 or $100/200 players and a few new guys that I have not seen. This of course would not be news because I have not been down to the Muck much lately so I would not know anyone who has started to play down there in the last three months. Also, because this was a NL game there might be some new players coming down to play this game. This is the first time I had ever seen that game down at the Muck. Most of the NL action in Seattle is up at Tulailup.

The game seemed full of really tight timid players, and a few that kept coming in to take a quick shot. I sat down and bought in for the cap amount of $500. There were a few players that had accumulated more than $1000 so there was some ok money on the table. I sat back and watched the table for a bit and then made a few moves to see how they would get reacted to. I was going nowhere for about an hour and then I picked up J,10 off in the BB. There was a raise to $40 UTG, then a call UTG+1 by a large stack who I know very well, then we got a third call in LP. I figured this was a good spot to hit a hand so I called the $30 into a $135 pot preflop. Flop came down J,10,6, nice. I checked, UTG checked, UTG+1 bet $100, LP fold and I check raised to $300. UTG folded and the other player put me all in for another $100. Unlike tournament poker you do not need to turn up the hands when there is no more action, so I had no idea what he had, but because he was willing to put me in I felt I was in bad shape or he had a big draw or an over pair. Turn paired the board on the bottom with a 6, crap that makes overpair good, then river a K, crap that makes K,Q open ender good. Wow there is no way I am going to win this pot. I turn up my J,10 two pair and he mucks showing A,J. That is the only possible hand I could beat, and wow did he play that stupid. Thank you sir.

I then pick up one more good hand a 1/2 hour later. I have QQ's in MP and raise it up to $30. The same guy I clashed with before makes it $100 to go, and a blind player goes all in for $140. I just call, and the other player just calls the other $40. Flop comes 10,7,6 all clubs, I have the Q of clubs. I check, player behind me bets $100, I check raise him to $300, he just calls. Turn was the A of Clubs, nice I have 2nd nut flush assuming no straight flush. I bet $500 he mucks, and I win with the Q high flush over the other guy who did not show.

I played a few more hands but was pretty tired after a long week at work. They called my name for the $20/40 game and I got up to take that seat and then looked at the clock, it was a little after midnight and I would really have to play until 2:00 or 3:00am to get a real session in. As I said I was tired so I just decided to book my win and go home. Because I don't play much NL I don't even no how to quote a win. Do you count it in terms of big blinds?? Do you count it in terms of buyins of 20 times the BB, 50 times the BB? What is a good hourly win in NL? Looking for feedback there. Help?

The charity tournament was just for fun. It only had 16 people in it, and I might have been the only one who knew how to play cards. This is always a fun adventure when you do that because you can never put anyone on a hand. They could have the nuts or they could have straight air. I played three hands the whole night just choosing to play big hands super hard and get the chips. I did, then I got down to the final three and just decided I was tired and wanted to go home so I pushed on consecutive hands with Q,3 clubs, lost of course, and 6,3 hearts, lost of course to AA's this time when she made quads by the river. I took my $50 and whet home to sleep. I did not even find out who won yet.

All in all still feeling good about my game. I will go down to the Muck tomorrow and try to play a real session of limit. Hope you all winning and will talk to you soon..SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home