Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Finally

After about two months of just running like shit, and frankly not playing all that well, I finally played a decent session and ran pretty decent(meaning my good hands actually held up a decent % of the time as the favorite). I started out in the small buy-in($65) limit tournament at Diamond Lil's. I played well and aggressive and made it down to two table from a starting 5 with a little below average chip stack, but enough to make some moves. I then picked up A9 unsuited in the BB and called a middle position raiser with it heads up. The Flop came down Q,J,9 rainbow. The player who had raised is pretty aggressive, and I thought is was about a 50/50 chance that he did not hit a pair and was just making a move. He did not have enough chips to cripple me, so I thought with a check raise that I might get him off the hand. Wrong, he flopped a set of Jacks and took a few more of my chips. That hand put me in a bad spot the rest of the way as I did not have enough chips to drive anyone off a hand so I had to play good hands. Needless to say I made it down to the final table with not many chips and had to get lucky to get back in. I call a button raise from this same aggressive player out of the SB with Q,9, off as I thought he was on a mediocre hand, and I only had enough chips to make it through one more round. Unfortunately the BB called as well. The button had k,7 off, pretty good odds for me. The BB had J,10 spades. Well I hit my Q but the BB flopped a spade draw and went with it. He caught the spade on the river and I was out 9th. This really sucked as the they only paid 8 so bubble finish for me. Crap.

I then went up to the Hideaway to play some 10/20. The game was shorthanded, again, which I love. I managed to play well, stay aggressive and stay away from calling off my chips this time. I finally had a decent day with a $785 day and booked a decent win.

I was gong to go to Vegas this weekend, but work once again will get in the way. So I guess I will just have to play in town again. I am going to go to the Lakers vs. Sonics nest tues with my buddy from LA and then go out and play some cards. Later.. SJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Ken Goldstein said...

I used to take the bus up Aurora to the Hideaway back when I lived in Seattle. I used to play the 4-8, but now would play in the 10-20. You keep mentioning it is shorthanded; do they have trouble filling the game? That seems a bit odd, since they would fill it before the big poker boom.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home