Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Quick Un-Hit

Went to the Sonics/Laker game on Tuesday night. Great game, the Sonics looked awesome and put a hurt on Kobe and the gang. The Lakers are in bad shape, they only have Kobe and he can not play 1 on 5 all night and expect to win. They just have no other great option. Odom played like shit, he is a huge fast man, but just could not put it together last night. The Lakers also play horrible defense which makes it even tougher to win. My buddy from LA flew up for the game because he wanted to sit in the courtside seats that I own for an LA game. He also plays cards so after the game we took a quick jaunt up to the Hideaway.

The place was dead. Only one 4/8 game with a kill. We got up there late at about 10:00pm and I could only play for 2 hours or so we decided to stay there and play a stupid 4/8 game because I did not want to waste any more time driving around to find a better game. Started off fine, tough to beat a 4/8 rake so you never make much money, so I asked to kick it up to 6/12 with a kill to 12/24. That turned my luck from good to bad. I was up $140 when we did that and never won a pot of any size after that. I took a few stupid beats, which the last two months seem pretty normal right now. e.g. I had AK in a 5 handed game and raised UTG, the BB calls with 2,5 of clubs. Flop A,10,2 rainbow. He checks I bet, he calls. Turn a 5. He checks I bet he raises I call, river a blank, he bets I call. I see the 2/5 and muck. To top it off it was my friend from LA, at least he could have had a straight not that shitty two pair. 5 outs to his hand on the flop, and of course one comes. Nice hand. The last hand of the night I had pocket KK's in the BB. Early position raises and everyone mucks, I just flat call, as I want to trap if I get a good flop. Flop come q,10,8. Good flop, I check, he bets, I check raise. Turn a 2, I bet he calls. River an A, I only have one bet left at this point so I just put it in pretty much knowing that he was calling with an A. Turned out he did not even flop a pair, he just had AK. Crap, another 6 outer get there. O well, I kept it quick and painless. Down -$100 for the night. Had fun with my friend from LA, and hope to play for real next week or maybe this weekend.

My buddy Aaron that I have talked about is playing in the WPT $15,000 event and made it out of Day 1 with just about what they started with, he has $33,400 in chips and they started out with $30,000. I think this is a good sign as he has been chip leader or high up there on the first day of the last two WPT tournaments and busted out on day 2, this way he can build from here. If he makes Friday, day 4, I will go to Vegas to see him and play a little. Go Aaron. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home