Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Opening Day at the Muck

So opening day of 2006 at the Muck occurred last night. I went down there ready to start the year off on the right foot and it took me a little time to get into the game. I got a seat after about 1/2 hour of waiting and the game was tough. Some of the regulars back from break like myself as well as a new/old one who is no picnic named James. He used to play at places I used to moving up the limit ladder but had moved to LA to play 100/200. He is now back based in Seattle, but still travels to LA a lot and supposedly is moving back to LA for while in February. I hope so because I don't want to see him in the game on a regular basis. He is very good, super tight and aggressive, but the worst part about him is his attitude. He uses a style that is very abrasive at the table and tries to intimidate people that play pots against him. It works for him, but it is really annoying to play with at the table. He is always bitching about something and just seems downright pissed off at the table all the time. He even bitches when he wins. I actually like him, but man he is a downer at the table.

The game was ok, seat one who I had not played with before was just tearing up the table all day. By the time I got into the game he looked like he was up about $6-8k, and was still on fire. I played a few pots with him and he beat me almost every time. So I tried to stay away from him for a while. I just could not get anything going all night. The donkeys in the game kept winning as I hovered around even for most of the night, watching people come into the game and take a rack and get up and leave. I on the other hand could not get above even. As soon as I would get up, I would get pushed right back down by getting AA, or KK cracked in a big pot on the river. Then the game got short at about 11:00pm, perfect for me. Of course right at that moment when you need it most I go card dead. The blinds are coming every three hands and I can't play. When I do pick up a playable hand short handed I raise get called miss the flop and have to lay down. The pots I do push I loose as well. At the end of the night I went a full hour without winning a pot and just gave up conceding once again that this was not going to be my night.

I have forgotten what it feels like to win. I have not seen any good luck in months, and everything is hard. Why does it seem like the bad luck seems to go on for longer than the good luck. Why do you get 2,7 off four hands in a row, when you have the same odds of getting AA four hands in a row but of course don't. I just need to minimize the losses until it turns. It always does, but I hate having to play through these stretches. I only get to play one or maybe two nights a week and the bad runs can go on for what seems like months when you only play 6 sessions a month. O well enough bitching. I lost a bit as you can tell, less than one buyin, but damn to start off the year with the same crap as December is painful. I played ok, not great, but good enough that if cards would have even remotely come my way it would have been a win. I will play even better next time and will book a win. I need to reexamine if there is something else that I am doing to cause these losses. I don't feel like my game has changed much but the results are not there. It can't all be the cards. Talk to you next time, hope you are winning...SJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in the man! It happens to the best of us.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should play up at tulalip on the weekends. they have a 40/80 game w/a kill going on fridays and probably saturdays. I've seen it fridays. their NL game is a 300-500 game. if you're looking for new players, check it out. full table practically all night. I like your post, too.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home