Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sick as a dog

As I mentioned in my last post I may not get a chance to play for a while. Well I did manage to squeeze in a little poker at the Muck last Friday and played a little $30/60. There were some people there that are not usually there in the game. There was supposed to be a $200/400 game going so some of the bigger players came to play that game. It did not get going so they opted to play $30/60 instead. It took me about and hour to get a seat but I did manage to get one and played pretty well as follow on to my last session. Unlike my last session however I was getting crushed when I had big hands. Lost pocket KK's to a flopped set of 66's from a guy who called a three bet cold out of the small blind with pocket 66's. I obviously did not put him on that hand and paid off to the river. OUCH. Very next hand I had pocket QQ's and got three bet behind me. Played the 9 high flop to the river and paid off again. Maybe not the best move in the world but was also looking for a bit of info for future play as I had not played with that guy before. Managed to grind my way back to even and then played this to go back down. I had pocket 88's in middle position. Three callers already so I elected to call as a raise would do nothing here to thin the field. It then did get raised behind me and all 7 of us took the flop of J,8,6 rainbow. I thought that was a pretty good flop for me. I suspected that there will be some straight draws out there and someone would bet so I checked it when it came to me. The raiser did not disappoint and bet. It got called by three more people and I check raised. The raiser then three bet and it was down to heads up. I just called the three bet. A 7 came off on the turn and I wanted to find out where I was so I bet into the raiser. He just called me. Good. A 3 came off on the river and I bet out again thinking I was good. He called, good, oops NOPE, he had pocket JJ's for a set over set flop. OUCH. I played a little longer but it was not to be. I lost very little but a loss nonetheless.

I then went home and proceeded to get sick as a dog over the weekend. Spent the whole weekend on my ass. I did not even enjoy the Seahawks making the super bowl that much as I was pretty sick on Sunday as well. Cool though, GO HAWKS. I will not play tonight my regular night as I have to work, but will try to get a day in before Tuesday next week somewhere maybe. I also added two new blogs to my list of reads. Josh Arieh seems to be updating more regular so I added him and Twenty-One outs Twice is a good read. I have been reading a while but had not added. He plays some big games and tournaments so I enjoy hearing about his poker.

Hope you all had a better weekend than I did, and are winning. Good Luck....SJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Easycure said...

That crud has been going around. Get better.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home