Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Random Poker

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope this day finds you doing well and that you all have much to be thankful for in your lives. Even with all the government intrusion into our game this game of ours is even bigger and better than last year. I think 2007 will be just fine for all of us. I am looking forward to next year and hope that I get a chance to make it to more tournaments than 2006, and even possibly play in the main event of the WSOP for the first time.

I have not posted much in the last week or so but that does not mean I have not been playing poker, just random poker unfortunately. I have been playing at Full Tilt and UB, mostly FT. The games there continue to be great, and I have made more money in the last month on that site than I have the whole year. Thank you Party for closing your doors to US players. I did play one live session since my last post, this last Tuesday at the MUCK. I got down there late and was unable to get into the $50/100 game. It looked good, but did not turnover much so I did not get a seat. I ended up playing $10/20 for a bit, then went to the $5/10 blind NL game, and finally played in their Tuesday night $65 buyin tournament. This was the first and probably last time I will play this tournament for a long time. I remembered why I did not play it in the first place. The structure just sucks. The blinds go up way too fast to give you any play. It turns into an all in fest after the first two rounds. We started with around 100 players, I won my first two all ins with underdogs pre-flop and got a little lucky with those. Then with about 25 players left, I had pocket QQ's and we were playing $500/1000 blinds and I had about 12,000 in chips. There was a limp from early position and I made it $4000 to go. She called the $3,000 raise and we saw a flop of 2,3,5 rainbow. She checked to me and I just moved in for 9,000. She thought for a long while and I thought she was going to muck but then called for the rest of her chips which was about $7,000. She turned up pocket JJ's and I was in great shape to have a pile of chips. 10 on the turn, and I had her down to two outs. BAM, J on the river. Damn. The very next hand I had pocket 10's and pushed my last 2,000 and got called by A,Q who hit a Q on the flop and I was done.

I then still could not get into the $50/100 game and just called it a night early and went home. I did end up close to a dime, so all was not lost. Have a great Thanksgiving and I hope you are all winning. Talk to you soon....SJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Enjoy your post. I had to travel to the west side of the mountain on Wednesday and so I decided to play at the Muck. I didn't get to play poker but I did get to play Blackjack for 4 hours. I would have rather played poker. That place just keeps growing.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home