Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Thursday, December 28, 2006

End of Year, On Vacation

I figured since I was finally on vacation I could find some time to post. The end of the year was just stupid busy at work. There was very little poker played and what was played was online, no live poker since my last post three weeks ago. Wow, I think I remember doing this last year at this time as well.

I did actually do one poker related thing while at work. I met with the owners and reps of the Ultimate Blackjack Tour. They are looking to raise some money and actually came to Seattle to meet with a few people who they thought might be able to invest with them. Why they were in Seattle I really don't know. I could not think of one potential investor who would put any real money into their venture. They are looking for SERIOUS private money not pocket change stuff. The business I am in had a couple of crossover interests so I wanted to at least talk to them. I don't think it will get very far but the meeting was at least interesting. The lead guy in the UBT is Russ Hamilton(former WSOP champ.) who lead the meeting, and one of the poker player/investors/pitch person Annie Duke was also in the meeting. I had never met her in person and after reading and hearing much negative stuff about her I was pleasantly surprised to find out she was really nice and had a great personality. Now I only got to spend about two hours with them and her, but they seem like they are going to be successful, and they were all good people. I even tried out the product. You can play it on UB under the blackjack tab. It was pretty fun, but I sucked at the tournaments. I don't like pit games, and even though this is like poker, it is still blackjack. Hope they do well. I will let you know if we end up doing any business with them.

As for poker, I will get back to it the 2nd week of January. I am also planning on taking a trip to LA in early February to the LA Poker Classic. I love the tournament, but the bigger games at the Commerce I am going to avoid for the most part. I had very little good happen in those games in 2006 and there is too much cheating going on in the $100/200 limit game. If the game gets really diluted with tournament players I may get in, but I think I will just play $40/80 or $60/120 down there this time and see how that goes.

I am glad 2006 is over, it was the least amount of poker I have played in over 10 years, and my results were pretty much break even all year. I hate to say that, I made no money in 2006. The one month that they ran a big game in Seattle, $150/$300 limit, I ran like a pig and got stuck all my profit for the year to that date. Then I spent the rest of the year not playing much after the WSOP or playing so low compared to the $150/300 game it really had no impact on profit or loss for the year.

I look forward to a much better 2007, and I hope you are all winning. I am not even playing on vacation. ALOHA and talk to you in 2007. SJ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of cheating goes in in LA in the 100/200? do you see cheating in vegas ever?

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home