Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, January 08, 2007

Hello 2007

Hello people. I hope you had a great end to 2006. I spent mine in 83 degree weather and golfing in Hawaii rather than playing poker. I have not played a live hand in over 4 weeks, but I have played a bit online, nothing to write home(or blog) about.

Most blogs I have looked at lately talk about what goals they have in poker for the coming year. I only have one. I will play in the WSOP main event this year. I don't even care if they don't get as many players as last year. I have to find a way to clear my work calendar enough to make that happen. I will probably play even less poker this year than 2006 and that was less than 2005, but that is they way it goes as family and work are the priorities, and poker is taking more of a back seat than ever. I still hope to play somewhat regularly at the Muck, but that was a lot less regular the last half of the year than the first half. Let's just play it by ear.

On the poker front I finished 3023rd out of 3966 in the Player of the Year standings for cardplayer 2006. I would like to improve on that standing this year, but that would actually mean playing more than 4 tournaments that qualify for points, which is what I did in 2006. I do hope to do that this year however.

I also am looking to update some of the blogs that I read. If anyone has any suggestions of blogs to read/link up hit me with suggestions. I like to read blogs of players that play mostly live, or if they do play online, they play high enough to have some content worth reading or are just entertaining in their own ways. Not that mine has any content worth reading, but I don't want to read any more garbage than mine, the others need to be worth my time to read. I also am taking down two that have been linked up for a while. I am dropping Flecia and Cardspeak. Neither is updating anymore so I am giving up on them. I am adding www.rileypokerlife.blogspot.com as he has linked me up and is entertaining to read as he mixes in sports as well as poker content. Good luck to him as it looks like he is contemplating quitting his job to play poker. Tough choice, one I could/will never make. I am also adding Iggy's second blog at pokerwoks, always a good read.

Congrats to local player Ralph "REP" Porter for placing 30th in the Pokerstars event. His cash should pay for his travel expenses, maybe.



Hope we all have a great beginning to a new year and we all win this year. I might actually get to play tomorrow. Will post later in the week if I do. I also heard their was an Aaron Katz sighting at the Commerce this last weekend in the NL cash tables. Good to see him back at the tables. I predict good things from him this year finally. He is super due. SJ

2 Comments:

Blogger Nabomb said...

Thanks for the link and the shout out. Best of luck in 2007. I will see you at the WSOP!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

thx john!

always appreciated and keep up the excellent blogging here!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home