Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, February 05, 2007

Late Post

I have been late in getting up a post. Work has just kicked my ass this last few weeks. So much so that I am not going to be able to go to LA this week and play in the LAPC. This will be the first time I have missed it in about 5 years. Bummer.

I did only play once last week on Tuesday. I got down there a bit late after work but to my surprise there was a seat open in the $100/$200 game. I jumped right in and after 1/2 hour of play they put the 1/2 kill into effect making the 1/2 kill $150/$300. I don't know how I feel about the 1/2 kill right now. I don't mind the level, but the 1/2 kill pot always ends up with the wacky 1/2 kill player in the pot defending with a stupid unknown hand. This can lead to some good/painful action.

I ended up playing just about even all night and just as I was about to quit on the blinds and up around $300(nothing) I pick up AKo in a kill pot. I raise, kill player calls, one behind him calls and we take the pot off 3 ways. Flop K,10,8. I bet, get called, then third player raises, I three bet to $450, both call. Turn a 6, I bet again, this time the 2nd player raises, third player now three bets, and I dump my hand. I know the 6 helped nobody so I was toast on the flop. They both flopped two pair, K,8 and K,10? How the hell did we hit a king and then both hit kickers. WOW. Now stuck over $1,000. I lose another right on its heels with AK diamonds, when low cards come out with two diamonds, I check raise the flop, but the other player came with me the whole way and I brick out on the river but decide to bluff at it anyway and he raised the river and I just dumped the hand. He showed me QQ's. Damn, guess he was not going to lay that down. I wish I could have hit my 15 outs however. Now really stuck. I then proceed to play one more hand about a round later. I pick up AK again. I raise in early position one other calls. Flop comes A,A,6. I bet he calls. Turn a 9, I bet out again, he raises, I three bet, he caps(oops). I just call and then crying call the river. He hit a 9 on the turn for a turned full house. Nice two outer sir. I am now stuck my entire buy-in in less than 45 minutes. I was kicking myself for not getting up to leave but when you get AK you are going to play. That is poker sir. Stupid game sometimes.

The one item in the game that really gets magnified is when you play a hand poorly it shows up in your stack immediately. Playing lower limits you go up and down but you don't really notice until the end of the night when look to see how you did. When you lose a pot in this game you get whacked for $500-$1,000 right now. You notice that even if you are not paying that much attention to where you are at the exact moment. If you run poorly like I did for 45 minutes you lose enough to get pissed about.

Aaron Katz is down in LA. I think he is going to play the $10k heads up championship at the Bike tomorrow. Good luck to you AK. Win the damn thing will ya. I will be down at the MUCK tomorrow to get my last 45 minutes back. Talk to you soon and hope you are all winning...SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home