Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, January 12, 2007

Drunk Poker(Not Me)

So my 2007 gets off to a rocky start. I did go down to the Muck this last Tuesday, and when I got there they had a $50/100 ring game going. I got on the list but a few of the players asked if we wanted to start a short handed $100/$200 game. The players that were going to start the game had one person who I thought would make the game good so I said sure. We started the game only three handed with me, Chris, and Barry. That is an ok game, but I really wanted a woman named Tweety to play, should be careful what I ask for.

I got off to an even then down start. I was not catching cards and was playing a bit too passive for a three handed game. My game is not sharp after a long layoff but I was hoping to overcome that with a good mix of players. Tweety finally came over from the other game and I managed to get back to even and then up a bit. During this time however the other three started to drink. It was Chris's birthday last weekend(happy b-day) and he got the others to start drinking. I did not partake as I never like to drink when playing cards, especially at this level, but I guess it could not have hurt. The game turned into a loud and druken game with too much gamble. The one place it really hurt was that Tweety, normally a very weak tight player, changed her game drunk. You can make money bluffing her and getting her to lay down 2nd best hands that would still be good. When she got drunk she stopped folding hands, ANY hands. She played everything and the game turned into a no fold-em Hold-em game. Usually not bad if you play good cards and they hold up. I went on a run where I was getting good cards 4 handed and I would whiff with AK and she would catch with 8,4 off and call all the way down with 5th pair. I just could not make a hand. It was even more painful as the table was loud and getting goofy drunk. She was so drunk that she called down Chris on a board of 9,9,8,6,3 with J high and unfortunately for Chris who bet the whole way it was good. Who the hell calls with J high?? How could it possibly be good? At least bluff raise the river to try and win the pot. She just called?? That is a play she would never make playing her normal sober game. PAINFUL. I dumped 1 and 1/2 buy ins and decided to quit. I had enough pain and could not take the drunk game anymore. The other two were stuck as well. Tweety was the only winner. UP big I suspect. I hope the others got some of their money back. I did not stick around to try.

That was a shitty way to start the year. Already in a hole after one session. Hope you are all winning and talk to you soon. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home