Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Update

Aaron got bounced 45 minutes into day two. He had Pocket JJ's, they were playing $400/800 and one player raised from early position to $4000, Aaron made it $40,000 to go moving all in. This dude called with AQ. Aaron lost the coin flip. Wow, how do you call a $36,000 raised with only $4000 invested in the pot. Shit happens and he is out. Too bad, I wanted to go to Vegas this weekend and now I don't have an excuse. I guess I just have to play in Seattle. SJ

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ is the worst hand in tournament poker!!! I've taken to either limping on them or just folding them to save the agony of losing to Ace anything (or higher pair of course).

10:29 AM  
Blogger Seattlejohn said...

I know jj is a trouble hand to play no-limit but not the worst hand. Aaron had the right read, the re-raise should have taken him off the hand. AQ is not very good against a re-reaise. The best he could have been is a coin flip, why put that much at risk on a coin flip. Aaron just go unlucky in two ways. Fist the guy called, which given his hand he should not have, and second he lost a coin flip in which he was a slight favorite going in. Shitty luck. Thanks for the comment. SJ

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it was the right play by Aaron, but I was just hoping to vent a little frustration about pocket JJ's. I've been bounced from more that one tournament with JJ's and the caller had A 10 or less!!! You would think that in a big tourney like Aaron was in, that wouldn't happen. Then again, depending on the other guy's stack, moving all in like that before the flop indicates that Aaron likely had QQ's or a lower pocket pair, otherwise he may have tried to string it out a bit. Still stupid to call with A Q and hope that you get a coin flip. In that position, a coin flip was the best that guy could have realistically hoped for! I agree AAroan made the right play and got screwed. Damn I hate poker! Damn I love poker! Damn I hate poker! Damn I love poker!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home