Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Small Plays

Played three times since the last post. Went to the Muck last Monday the 21st and played in the $30/60 game during the day. Did not play all that well, but managed to get up a little at the start and then played really loose and gave back all that I made plus -$555. I quit because I knew I was not playing well and did not want to loose anymore. Sometimes you just need to recognize that you are not on your A game and call it a day, so I did.

I then went up to Parkers on Friday night the 25th. The place was just jammed packed and the list was a mile long. I should have left as it was taking too long to get into a game, but I decided to hang out because I really did not want to go home either. I finally got in after almost a two hour wait, but then my heart was just not into playing anymore. I played too passive, and got bored with the limit quick so I just quit after two hours of play and down -$113.

The last play since my last post was last night the 19th at Parkers once again in the $8/16 game. This was a wild ride. I went in with the right attitude, and played aggressive poker. I just kept running into hands, and bad beats. I did not win a hand the first two hours I played and got into the game for $700 before I started to make a comeback. I moved tables as the night got longer and they collapsed a table to fill it up. I kept playing my game, and low and behold my hands actually started to hold up, and the rest of the table started to play real passive. I was able to check in the BB with some really bad hands that turned into monsters. 6,4 off flopped two pair and filled on the turn, and the river brought a fourth flush card and I got to raise and got re-raised on the river, I just called because my full house was not all that big and I won. 9,3, off flopped two pair and held, and last 10,4 off filled up with a full house on the river for another big pot. I got all the way back and quit a $38 winner. Not a huge win, but morally satisfying nonetheless to get out net winner. Net Net from the 3 session a net loss of -$630 which offset my win of $615 from the last post. Not much to talk about there. Still good for the year for not playing much.

On a side note my friend Aaron made it past day one of the WPT final in Reno in 31 place. I just talked to him and there are 49 players left to play down to 27 in the money today. Not many chips but still in it. Keep on plugging. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home