Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Start Out New Year on my Ear

Wow, I feel like I must be the worst Hold-em player in the state right now. I just can not book any consistent winning session. I went to the Muck on Tuesday night for my first real session of the year and got right into a $20/40 game at about 3:00pm. I won my first pot with a stupid posting hand and then almost did not win another from there. I still can not get any real cards to play on what fells like a below average amount of good cards and then when I do, they flop me cold. Not miss mind you, but cold decked where I flop what appears to be a good hand and someone else with a much inferior hand before the flop catches me on the flop and stays there. Example, about 1 1/2 hours in I pick up AK spades. There is a raise from early position and I three bet to isolate with AK. The flop comes A,4,5 one spade. Middle player bets, I raise, he three bets, I call. Turn, 2, He bets I raise, he just calls, river an 8. He checks I bet, he calls. He turns over 4,5 of spades for two pair and wins the pot. How cold decked it that?? First he raises with that hand which makes it tough to put him on such a holding. Then when I am in such a dominating position he flops two pair and I have to flop top pair best kicker. The night just continues from there.

I need to really look at my game right now. There must be something going on as there is no way the cards can be running that bad. I might lose some with these cards, but not $940 in 4 hours. I have got to really tighten up and focus on my next session. This is really starting to piss me off.

I figured I would take a break and play the no-limit tourn that night. The structure is not great as they only give you $1500 in chips and start the blinds out at 25/50. Then raise the limits every 20 mins. You better get lucky at the beginning or you are done. Which is exactly what happened to me. I picked up pocket Jacks UTG early and I raised and got cold called by two players and then the button moved all in. I was not ready to go home with JJ early so I laid it down and then never got another playable hand the rest of the tourn. Went out in the SB with K,6, clubs against the BB when no one raised I decided I would take a stand against the Big Blind hand with K high. Of course the Blind had A,10 off and I could not catch a pair and was out. Typical. Then, when I wanted to get back into a game they would not start the 20/40 game back up and there was only one 30/60 game and I was like 10th on the list, which was not moving. I figured that was a sign to just go home and lick my wounds and come back another day. So I just left. I am jonesing to play but do not have time this week to go back so I will wait to the weekend to crank it back up. Talk to you then. Total loss -$940 cash, -$210 tourn. buyin, total -$1,150. Start out the year in the hole and now must dig out. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home