Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

No End In Sight

There is just no end in sight to this bad combo, or not perfect play and horrible run of cards. I went to Parkers on Monday night to play some 8/16. I went to play 12/24 but they did not have a game so I just sat down and played 8/16. I started off great, got some decent cards, played pretty well, and the hands held up when they were odds on favorites to do so. Even hit a draw or two at the beginning. I was up almost $500 in about an hour and 1/2, then the fateful hand that turned the night. I was in late position with pocket Kings, almost everyone had entered the pot and there was already a raise to me. I three bet it, and by the time if got back to me in had been capped. We took the flop off 7 handed for a cap, already $224 in the pot. The flop came K,10,8, rainbow. Perfect, top set. It was bet and I raised, we saw the turn 5 handed. Turn a 6 which brought a same suit. It was checked to me and I bet, two callers. River a Q, it was checked to me and I checked as A,J was possible, and of course someone did stay in with that had. Crap, a $400 pot gone, and that started the downward slide. I did not make a hand after that for over 4 hours. Every big hand missed the flop, or if I did hit I would get taken out by runner runner. Even the few draws I played never got there for me. It just turned into one of those very frustrating nights, which unfortunately have been happening with regular occurrence. I even flopped a full house with 77 when the flop came 7, J,J. A Jack stayed with me to the river, and of course it came running tens to make my 77 useless. What can you do. Those things happen.

This game was typical loose, gamble for the area, and many of the flops came with 4 or more players each. Very conducive to large swings because all hands are possible after a flop. You also can not protect a hand because the size of the pots make any draws most likely worth a call, and even if not, there were enough people gambling for any possible draws, even stupid two pair draws.

I ended up down -$377 for the night after giving up at 1:30am. I will lick my wounds and keep at it. Just one more loosing session to dig out of for the year. Lots of time to make it back. Good luck, SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home