Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, February 04, 2005

Warming Up

I played last Friday night the 28th of Jan at Parkers in the 8/16 game. The game was good as usual and I finally feel like I have put a couple of good sessions together. I have at least stopped running completely horrible, I have not had a hot session yet, but the just absolute crappy beats have stopped. I also feel like I am getting my game back in shape as I have played a few weeks in a row now a couple of times a week. My feel is coming back. I played for just a short 4 hour session and made $300.

I then played again on Tuesday the 1st at the Muck. I started in the $30/60 game and played pretty well. I only played for two hours before the No-Limit tourn, but I made $422 and was on a free roll in the $110 with 100 rebuy tourn. I did not pick up one playable hand in position. When I got a medium hand upfront I mucked, and in late position I could not even get a good steal hand. I never picked up chips and then after the break playing $75/150 with a $25 ante I played a hand about as poorly as can be played. I was in the BB with Q,10 diamonds. It was folded to late position and one off the button raised to $400. I had about $2,100 in chips, and I thought about moving in because he was in a good steal position, but I elected to call and see the flop and then move in if I hit. It would look stronger. So what happens. The flop comes 10 high and I misread the flop and check. He checks behind me, the turn comes a J, now I am in trouble, and I check again. The river comes a K, and I check now and he bets $800. I just muck. I know I could have had that pot on the flop if I move in. I might have even got the pot on the turn. I just played that like a complete wimp. I blinded out after that and went back to the $20/40 game.

I stayed in that game for a while and played a good solid game. I ran my chips up to about $1000 up and then took three bad beats in about a 10 hand span. I got pocket AA twice in three hands. Now I have not even see pocket AA in a long time and now I get them twice in three hands. Of course I loose both of them. First time to K,10 off on the turn when the flop comes 10 high with a 10 on the turn, the other two diamonds on the flop and a third on the turn and someone made an A high flush. Now, it is not that bad to loose with AA, but the worst part was that I paid off both bets on the river when I knew I was most likely beat. There is a good article in this week Card Player about laying strong hands down with reasonable evidence that you are beat. I knew I was beat both time, but made crying calls anyway. I could have saved a few bets both times and even made more money. I need to work on this. The last beat happened about 20 mins later when I picked up Pocket 99's in early position and raised. I only got one caller and the flop came 9 high. I checked hoping for a check raise and go a check behind me. The turn brought a J, and I bet, he called. River a 8, I bet out, got raised, and called again. See about for bad play. He flipped up Q,10 for runner, runner straight and I lost the pot. After that I just quit and was only up like $360. O well at least I booked a win.

On a side note Congrats to Tommy Hang for making the final table of the $1,000 NL shoot out at the Commerce. He did not get past 7th but still made a few thousand bucks. Good for him. I will be going out there next Thursday for a few days to play. See you there. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home