Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

House of Pain

I had one of those days yesterday that we all hate. You actually get good cards and then can just not hold on to a pot. Not getting bad beats all that much, but just not winning. I went down to the Muck yesterday to play my usual Tuesday routine. Cash game before tourn, then tourn, and cash game after if there is time. I sat down in the $20/40 game to start and could just not get a hand to play. I blinded off about $300 before I finally went to the $30/60 game where I hoped my luck would change. I really did blind out than much. I think I played one pot and lost but other than that had nothing to play in two hours.

The $30/60 game was just the opposite. I had lots of pretty good hands to play that would flop in front and get run down. Overpairs to the board, that would finish as an under pair on the river. Straights on turn getting flushed on the river, etc. You know the day. It would have been better not to get the cards than to keep getting them and getting crushed. Lost all day. Lost -$1177 the first session. Lost -$210 in the tournament buyin that was uneventful. No big hands and pushed in short stacked with A7 suited against A,10 suited. Hit 7 on turn that made the other guy the flush.

The night $30/60 session was absolutely horrible. I bought in for $1000 and lost every big hand I was in. QQ, crushed on flop. One hand I had A,Q and called a raise out of the big blind and flop came 2,2,A. He bet I check raised, he called, turn 7, I bet, call. River 10, I bet he just calls and shows be a 2,3 off to win the pot. Wow he raised with 2,3 off and out flopped me and I bet all the way. Last hand of the night I had k,10 off in an 8 way pot on the button. I flopped the nut straight with two hearts on the board. I check raised the field which got down to three and the pot was three bet and I capped. I figured two of us had the nut straight, and I had the 10 of hearts so I knew he did not have K,10 hearts for a redraw. The guy that called I put on hearts. The turn brought a heart. I bet out, the other guy called that I thought had the straight as well, and the guy with the heart draw(I thought) mucked, the river paired the Q, and I got raised on the river. I reluctantly called as the pot was huge, and he showed me the K,Q of hearts, he made nut hearts on the turn, I loose. I had the nuts and lost again on the turn. O well. Those days happen. Lost -$915 in the night session. Huge loss for the day of -$2,302. Worst one of the year to date. O well I am going to LA on Sunday and will play at Commerce on Sunday and then a tournament at the Bike on Tuesday. Get it back there.

On a side not Aaron made the final table of the $2500 buyin at the Bellagio, he started 4th in chips, and as of 3:46pm on the west coast he is still in and three have been eliminated. Worst he can do now is 6th for a $22,000 payday. Go Aaron. Talk to you soon. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home