Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Solid Day

Went and put in a long session at the Muck yesterday. Have not done that in a while, felt good to play for a long time and not have the time pressure to leave. I started in the $20/40 game and started out on the right foot. Playing pretty well right now, was making some good plays, good laydowns, and overall feeling pretty good about my game right now. The game had the usual mix of regulars and some one off people who came in to play. It was full of passive players except one other regular who plays aggressively but was running poorly so was a non-factor. I was able to control all the action in the pots I was in. People were respecting my raises, and overall staying away from my pots. I was up about $400 in a few hours of play and moved to the $30/60 game. That game had a little more aggressive play in it but still overall not a great quality of player. Some young guns in there thinking they could play, and making stupid comments to players when they got beat. I put one of them on tilt when I entered an unraised pot from middle/late position for a raise with 6,8, diamonds. He was in the BB and three bet it, I called. The flop came 9,6,5 one diamond. He fired at it, and I raised to make sure I knew where I was if he had AK, or a big pair. He re-raised, oops big pair, call to see what happens. A beautiful 7 came off on the turn, giving me a straight. He bet, I raised again, he re-raised, I just called. I just called here because he put me on an overpair making that re-raise and I felt I could get another raise out of him on the river if a big card came out. No big card came and he fired again, I raised again as I knew I was good here. He called at this point as he claims now he was curious as to what I had. I showed him the straight and he jumped out his chair and started talking about what a bad play I made to raise with 6,8 suited. This one goes down in the category of he has a lot more playing to do to understand why I made this play. How else are you going to play that hand? If I limp he can put me on it, I might steal the blinds, if I hit like I did I get tons of extra value out of the deceptiveness of the play. I might even win if an A comes(he had KK by the way) and I bet and he lays it down. Lots of fun and he was gunning for me the rest of the night which made it even more fun. I ended up the cash sessions up $890, and went to the tourn.

The tournament was a $110 buyin no-limit with a $100 rebuy. I got in for the full $210 and managed to wade my way to the final table with not many chips. Nothing too much of note in the tourn. I never had too many big cards, and went out 8th on a coin flip hand. I had A,7 clubs vs. Pocket 66. I did not hit and was out. Made a whopping $105. 66 players, and first was a little over $4000. O well.

Aaron is down at the Bellagio playing in all the events down there. Hope he hits one. He went out 36 in the main WPT event in Reno so I think he is due. Good luck. Talk to you soon. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home