Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, May 16, 2005

Better Week

I have been delinquent in my posting last week. I have been super busy at work which cuts into the poker time, as well as the blog update time but here goes. I actually played twice last week. Once on Tuesday night late. I got started at 11:00pm and played until 2:00am. Not a long session but a good one. I finally beat the stupid 8/16 game up at Parkers. I have been stupified by my lack of success in this game. It is made up of new players and bad gamblers which adds to the variance but should be beatable nonetheless. I played a super solid game and did not gamble at all. I beat the game for a little, and I am convinced that there is no other way to play this wild game then to just play tight and not gamble at all in pots unless I just start to run hot, which of course has not happened in a long time. You just can not bluff in this game, you will always get called by someone with a piece and you just have to fade the turn and river and hope your hand holds up. Mine did at a reasonable percentage so I came out winner. Yeah! won +$275.

I then went out and played again on Thursday. Not my normal night but I was itching to play so I did. I played from about 9:00pm to 2:00am. I again played a tight aggressive game, and had a good table image as the night wore on. There was lots of gamble going on in the game, so you had to fade some really wacky calls, but I managed to do so as the night wore on. At the beginning it looked like one of those night were good hands were just going to get beat every time you had them and I hovered around even for three hours. Then the game got a little short, and I stepped up the aggressive play and started to blow people off pots. I even hit a few big hands and people paid me off. It felt good to have a solid table image and play good poker. We will see if this trend continues. Total win for the night +$460. I am still in the hunt for the big win night as I have not had one of those good days in a while. I guess you could say I am due, as I have had a few really bad running nights so I should get one good one, if you believe in that stuff. I do. I think you should try to break even on the bad nights and really load up on the good nights. Unfortunately, on the bad nights I have been loading down, so I need to make that up, and change the results. I am heading down to the Muck tomorrow night and playing in the $20/40 and $30/60 games plus the tourn. I hope to have a big day tomorrow.

On a side note, Aaron has just had a horrible trip to the Mirage. He has been crushed in the side games, and bounced early in the tournaments. Not one positive result. He actually quit and came home last night to return for the main event next week. Too bad. I hate when that happens. The only positive was the heads-up tourn. when he won his first match against Phil Hellmuth. I guess Phil whined like a baby when Aaron beat him. That would have been fun to see. He then lost to Scotty in the second match. Scotty finished second to "Grinder" in the final. I Guess Scotty was just trashed in the final. Why would someone drink to that point playing in the final? Makes no sense to me. Aaron actually had 4% of "Grinder" so he got $4000 for the result which helps offset the $15,000 entry fee. I can't go to the Mirage now this week as I have to attend a funeral of a business friend. O well, I guess there is next year. I now need to figure out when I can get to the WSOP as I have to play in at least one event. I also want to try and play in one of these bloggers events as I keep missing them. I just have not had the time to play on line lately. Talk to you soon SJ.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, I like your blog. I'm sure I've seen you at the muck as I play there quite a bit in the 10/20 game, sometimes 20/40. also play at tulalip quite a bit in the NL game. I'll be quitting my job this week to be in vegas all next month and into july. what do you look like, I'll say hi if I see you at the muck?

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home