Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, May 06, 2005

Shitty week

I went to play in the monthly rich business guys poker table last night and they have kicked it up a notch. Lost some players but that is good thing. We were playing 2/5 pot limit with a $300 to start buy-in and then up to $500 after. I continued to run pretty crappy. I think I might have played 6 pots all night. Almost every time I got crushed by a stupid hand that matched up against my cards. I did not want to buy in a lot of times so I kept is pretty low each time. I bought in three times for $300 each. The money on the table got pretty big so I was the short stack most of the time. Unfortunately for me that meant I was all in by the turn in every pot. I lost with AQ when a flop came Q,7,4. I raised pre-flop, there was a $50 bet in front of me on the flop. I came over the top for $300 and he put me all in for another $125 and showed me pocket 4's and I was drawing dead to runner runner which of course did not come. Lost most of the nights money in that pot, and never sniffed another hand. The game ends kind of early so you can not get it back either. Shitty week. Dumped -$729 last night. Crap. This month is starting off poorly. I need to have a big Tuesday to make up for the month. Talk to you then.

On a side note I like the analysis that Paul Phillips did on the Hasan, Tuan situation at the final table of the Bellagio event. I actually heard that Tuan had 71% of himself and that Hasan had only 25% of Tuan. Still that was a pretty weird situation that I think definitely impacted how Hasan played that hand. There is not much you can do about it however. People will trade and put people in even if there is a ban against it. You just can't get around it. I do hope that it does not lead to teams forming to play these tournaments, but that might be where we are heading with all the money in these things. You might just have to play against more than one person at a time a table. Strange stuff. Know your players and who they are putting in. It is pretty easy to find out if you know the poker scene and who is broke, and who is playing for who. There are a lot of people playing for the few with huge bankrolls. Tuan will be broke again, just might take him longer to loose a few million this time. Talk to you soon. SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home