Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Monday, May 23, 2005

Quick Vegas Trip Report

Went to Vegas over the weekend for a quick trip. Only got to play cards on Saturday. Started out around noon in the $80/$160 must move game shorthanded. The problem was no one else ever showed up to play so we only kept the game going for about 30 minutes before it broke and I was the odd man out for a seat and stuck $600. I waited around for about 45 minutes before I finally got a seat in the main(and only) 80/160 game. Game was good, some loose players and fairly tight readable players. Not any great players that you had to be concerned about. I just played a solid aggressive game and slowly built up my chips to get up about $2,500. Then at the end I went card dead and gave back some chips and had to leave for dinner. Finished the first session up only $1,095 not bad, just had hoped for more in that game.

I came back at night after dinner to find the 80 games completely filled and not moving on the list. I gave up and just played $30/60. Glad I did. That game was incredible. Full of really bad players that were calling stations, not aggressive, and even in about 3 seats looked scared that they were playing above their heads. I think they were playing 15/30 and decided to move up. Had no clue how to play this game, and just got chewed up. I went into super aggressive mode, because no one would play back at me, and beat the shit out of the game for two hours. Bluffed and no one would call, then someone would decide to call and I would have the nuts. Lots of the flops were coming with multiple players, unusual for this game usually, but not tonight. One hand AA let me in cheap UTG when I had the button with 8,9 off in a 7 handed pot. The the BB raised after I called, and I called another bet with the seven callers. AA still did not pop it, then the SB decides to pop it again, and we take the pot off 7 players for three bets. The AA did not 4 bet here, not that it would have mattered now. The flop came 10,J,Q. Crap, I thought. The AA bet this time, one other called, and I raised. No three bet. Good I was thinking no AK maybe. I could not believe everyone else dropped with that much money in there but good for me. Turn a 6, checked to me I bet, AA raised, third player left. Oops I am in trouble he's got AK, and I am dead. Too much in pot to go away now. River a shitty 9. I am now beat by AK and pocket KK, or even K,Q hell K,3 beats me. He bets I call with my one card bottom end of the straight and win while he shows me AA's. Wow. big pot because everyone else played so poorly. I should never have even see that flop if the AA plays it more aggressively. I ended up that session up $2,040 in two hours. I quit because I to go someplace but net day was $3,135. Good day.

On a side not, I went to check out the new Wynn card room. Not nearly as good as the newly remodeled Bellagio. Bellagio still wins for the best room. The action will not move. The Bellagio was packed and the Wynn had some people but not packed. The new private room at the Bellagio for the super big games was awesome. The old high limit section is still there, but the biggest game went to that room. They had two $400/$800 mixed games and a $25/50 blind no-limit game at the top end. Unfortunately the biggest limit game was just $80/$160. If I were going to stick around longer I would have tried to push a higher straight hold-em game, but I could not spend enough time to want to get that going. Maybe next time. I will try to get down for the short handed no-limit event of the WSOP on June 7th and then come back for that weekend. Aaron has not had a good month, in fact you could call it awful. No cashes in any tournament's and no good wins in the cash games. I hope he plays the final event today and does something to redeem himself before the WSOP. Talk to you soon SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home