Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Tuesday Night Special

Went out to play on my regular Tuesday night down at the Muck in Aurburn. Started my day around 3:00pm in the $10/20 game as I could not get into either the $20/40 or $30/60, they were full with a list which is pretty unusual for a Tuesday. So I warmed up by getting beat around in the $10/20 game for about 45 minutes and lost about $200. I was geared to play the larger games today, but 45 minutes of multi-way pots and loose calls was enough to get me in tight mode when I got to the bigger games. I went to the $20/40 game and both the bigger limit games were full of some really bad players. I was still in tight mode, but was getting some hands to play, and managed to get my money back and a whopping +$77 profit before the tournament started at 7:15pm.

This tournament on Tuesday is becoming a joke. It was already fast with the blinds going up every 20 minutes and only $1500 in starting chips playing 25/50 blinds, but now they have eliminated some of the jumps to make them even larger. At this point it is almost completely luck and very little skill. If you get some starting cards you survive if you do not then you are done. I did both sucking and getting sucked this day. I started my tournament with pocket 99, and called a raise from the button. The flop came down 6,8,2, it was checked to me and I bet the pot and the BB moved in, I called he showed me pocket 66's for a set. I managed to catch a 9 on the river to knock him out and I was in chips and feeling good. Then on the very next hand I pick up 9d,10d one off the button and it is limed to me 4 people already in. I call and see the flop. The flop came 10,6,7, the BB bet, it was called in one spot and I raised. Both people called. The turn came a 3, it was checked to me I moved in. The BB mucked, and then the one guy on the table who had me covered calls and shows me 5,6 for an open ender. What a wacky call. He put his money in getting 2.5 to 1 on a 4.5 to 1 shot, and presto a 4 comes off on the river to bust me. I re-buy my one time and never catch anything to get back into business and go out with three tables left.

So off to the $30/60 game with a brief stop at the $10/$20 again for 15 minutes because there was not a seat open. I did manage to win one had at $10/20 and take an extra $100 with me to the $30/$60 game. The $30 game was great. Some weak tight players that were not really gambling. Love those games. Easy to bluff, easy to read, and not very dangerous when you have a big hand. There was only one guy gambling and fortunately for him he was winning huge as well. Just made a note to be careful with him. I waited for a big hand to start my night with because I wanted to project a tight image to this table so I could open my game up and start bluffing. I picked up a big hand early, A,K or Q, I really don't even remember but I won the pot, showed the hand and we were off to the races. I changed gears really well in the game. I would go long stretches where I would play tight, and for a round or two I would start raising with 5,6 suited in early position, 8,9 suited, J,9. I would either hit the hand or just bluff at it and win. Because it was a weak tight game the flops were all heads up or three handed, perfect for bluffing. Then I would go back to tight when people started calling my raises again. All in all a great night, played well, was reading pretty well, and the game was ripe to take down as there was not a lot of gamble. I actually even ran pretty well for a change. Almost forgot what that was like. Net for the night including losing my $210 buyin from tournament was a win of +$1,707.

On a side note Aaron only stayed home for one day. He went back to Vegas last night to play in today's tournament. He said he may also play Daniel in one of his freeze out matches for $150,000. Someone else will take a piece of that action as he does not have that much on him anymore. Look for Aaron in Daniel's blog in the near future. Good luck AK. I will head down to Veags this weekend to play some side games as there is no tournaments this weekend most likely. Talk to you soon SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home