Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Shitty Week

I have just had an absolutely horrid last few months. I am running terribly and without perfect play you just keep getting nicked to death. I played a couple of times this week both up at the Hideaway in Seattle. Both days pretty much short handed 10/20 which lends itself to more bad beats because people do not put you on strong hands and tend to call you down more with draws. Needless to say I was getting ok hands and ok flops only to get outdrawn either by complete longshots of less than 6 outs or just coinflip hands that I was not getting my share of wins on. I am glad this year is over and we start new year in January. I just about gave back everything I made this year in about three months of play in Seattle. I still managed to eek out a few thousand $$ but nothing like the money I was up in September.

My play has not been perfect the last few months as I have not been playing on a regular basis so my feel is not quite where is should be to play great poker. The rake at the Hideaway is not conducive to beating the game either. When is gets short, which is everyday right now, you have a hard time beating a $3 rake every hand 4 or 5 handed. It used to be smaller but that changed with the new management trying to make a go of the new card room. I don't think the Hideaway will make it past February. I am going to stop going there for a while as I want to play in bigger games down in Auburn and will not make that my regular stop to play 20/40 and bigger on a regular basis. Let's see how we do. I will be gone on vacation until the second week of January so you will not hear from me until then. Have a great holiday season and a profitable new year. By the way the net for the week was a negative $-610, crap. SJ

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Goldstein said...

That sounds odd, in a couple of ways. I remember the HA having a comparably lower rake, like $2 plus the $1 bonus (or is that what you mean by $3). I guess that doesn't leave them too much room to maneuver on short-handed if they're continuing their bonus hands deal. Still, that's like $0.75 a man per hand, with a lot of hands short-handed per half. I'm used to a time charge at the clubs in NY, but that's without any bonuses.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Seattlejohn said...

Yes, they used to only have a $2 rake plus a $1 for the jackpot drop. Now it is $3 plus $1 in a full game. They just don't drop it enough in a shorthanded game to make it very beatable. O well, like i said, I am going to go south to Aubrun in the new year to play in the bigger games with the same rake. See you in the new year. SJ

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home