Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, June 10, 2005

Finally Poker

I finally got to play some live cards last night. I have been taking time off because my Father in Law was in the Hospital and I have had to tend to family stuff. He passed away a few days ago, and things cooled off at the home front so I got to get out last night. I went down to the Muck to play a little $30/60. I could not get right into the game so I played $10/20 for a bit, then played in a must move $30/60 game for about 45 mins before it broke. I was up a total of $80 after all that. I waited around for about 30 minutes and then finally got a seat in the main 30/60 game. The game was full of tight solid players. Not conducive to making a lot of money. I had the two best players at the table(besides me of course) to my left and right, I was in the sandwich. Not a good spot. There were only two people at the table that were gambling slightly, not a ton, just enough to make the game worth sitting at for now. So I sat and played a real solid game, not getting out of line at all, and basically broke even for 4 hours. Then a couple of guys left the game and were replaced by some really bad players. Perfect. Then a third left and was replaced by another bad player. Even better. Now lets make some money.

The Game opened up nicely. I started to splash around a bit more, and pick on some of the weaker players. Then one of the solid tight players took two bad beats back to back with AA, and AK, where one of the donkey players played some stupid cards and won. He went on tilt and then quit. One less. The other solid player then decided to change seats. He was on my direct left, and moved away from me. Ding! I now was free to roam around. I continued to play an aggressive solid game, mixing in a few wacky hands, and started to build a stack. I will just give you one perfect pot that made my night. I was in the BB with pocket 10's, one limper from middle position, then the SB called. I raised it as there were only 3 people in this pot, and one was the SB and the other a weak player for a limp. The Flop came Q,10,3, two spades. I bet, got raised, the SB called, and I just called. The turn was a beautiful 3 of spades. Making my full house, and bringing the flush. I checked again, the raiser bet, the SB raised, now I come out and three bet. The original better folded but I got called down by the SB on both the raise and a river bet. Nice $900 pot. I was now up $1300, and the game started to get short. I usually love the short game, but today was not to be my short day. I went card dead 6 handed. The blinds were coming fast and I could not find anything to play. I then made a K high flush only to get rivered by the 4th flush card and the guy had the A for a big pot. Well that was enough for me, I was not going to blow back all the money I had spent the last 8 hours working for. I cashed out and took my measly $660 profit home. Not a huge hourly rate at only $82.50 per hour or less than 1.5 BB per hour, but a win is a win.

It just felt good to get out and play some cards for a change. I missed it, and I am really bummed I am not at the WSOP. There is now a chance that I can get down there next weekend for the Sat. tournament. We will see. On a side note Aaron has still done nothing in the tournaments. He has run deep in a few but still not made any money. I think he is doing ok in the cash games, but I have not got the update today. He was playing $800/$1600 mixed games yesterday and that game can swing $200,000 so it will either put him way up for the trip or even to down. Hope it is way up. Talk to you soon...SJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the Muck last night and watched that table for a little while. Was the donkey in seat 4, the asian guy w/a stack of chips? I was playing 10/20 and Mike said that guy was an idiot. I'm going to Vegas Tuesday for a month. Hope to see you there. -Andrew

5:10 PM  
Blogger Seattlejohn said...

That was one of the weak players, but not a complete Donkey. He was running smokin hot, and playing just about anything, but hitting. You needed to stay away from him in a pot. There were some others that were worse and they were not hitting so you could make money off of them. I now am not going down this weekend but maybe the following week mid week..JS

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home