Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Friday, June 17, 2005

Big Loss/Small Win

I played a few times this week. I went on my usual Tuesday trek down to the Muck. I got there after the tournament started so I just took an open seat in the $30/60 game. It started out as one of those days and never ended. I could not hit the first couple of hands I played when I was the favorite going in, and then I went card dead. Stuck already $600 from the two pots and the blinds, as we were 5 handed and the blinds were coming fast. There were two calling stations that you could not bluff, and two good players. Of course I could not pick up a hand. I folded for almost an hour straight as an endless string of 8/3, 2/7, 10/5, etc kept coming my way. It has been so long since I have seen AA's I forgot what they looked like. Then I would pick up a 9/10s and raise. You would think that because I was playing no hands I would get a little respect. Nope, call, miss, muck. I just kept sinking. Then I picked up a few hands, and the board would come perfect for me and I would get outdrawn. Those days happen. Last hand of the night we were still short and I had pocket 44's on the button. I called a middle position raise and we took the pot off two handed. Flop came A,10,4 rainbow. He bet I raised, he called. Turn K, he checked I bet he called. River J, he bet right out. I said "this is just a fitting way to end the night with a stupid beat" and called. He showed me not what I expected to see. I figured he had an A with a Q and made the straight. He showed me pocket JJ's. What a fucking ridiculous call. I raise on the flop and he still comes, then a K for two over cards comes and he still calls. He had to figure he had at most 6 outs on the turn but most likely two or maybe even dead to half the pot. What a stupid call, wow, I lost the pot and quit. Sometimes you just can't overcome the fish and they get you. Total loss for the night was -$2,272. Pretty big loss. Should have just stayed on line and played the $30 game there. I was up $1000, but wanted to go play live. Mistake. O well.

I then went out the next night to Parkers because someone wanted to go see a live card room. I took him to the $8/16 game which was the biggest game he has ever played in. I have not played that low in a while so I concentrated on playing well and not looking at the money. Hell its only $16 to me with 6/4 clubs, I call. The game was all fired up, I forgot how much fun a drunk, gambling, action game was. The $30 game plays too serious. You never get the mutiway capped pots with crap in that game. Probably a good thing, but just not as fun. I lost of few big hands, then made some great reads and won some big pots. My friend lost his $200 in about and hour and 1/2 and quit. I played for another 20 minutes and then quit with him. He just played too passively for that game and got chewed up. It is funny to see guys play live for the first time and see their reactions. They play scared, see ghosts of hands that could beat them, and then get beat by the guy who plays aggressively and gets there. Funny game. I won a whoppin $120 in two hours and took solace in that I could still win at that game even though I lost a ton the night before.

Aaron has done absolutely nothing at the WSOP, no cashes in any tournaments, and it sounds like the side games have gone nowhere as well. No money made, not much lost, but none made. Too bad. I guess he still has a few weeks to go. Get there dude. Talk to you soon SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home