Google
Rakeback deals at www.rakemeback.se

Sunday, January 09, 2005

New Year Post

I am back from vacation, I went to Hawaii for 10 days and got in some good golf and some great weather. It is snowing in Seattle today, so I go from 83 degrees to 33 degrees and snow. I am freezing my ass off right now. It is the new year and I had a little time to play on Friday the 7th. My first session of the new year. I did not have time to drive south so I went up to the Hideaway to play some $10/20. Unfortunately is was short handed again. I love shorthanded play, but the rake structure right now at the Hideaway in a short handed 10/20 game is too big to fade. You just can't beat the game without luck. There are no bad players in the game right now, so you only win a few big bets and hour and that gets eaten up by the rake so you just have to get lucky in a few big pots. This may be the last time I go up there unless there is a full ring game. I watched my stack slowly bleed like everyone else's as we sat there and traded small pots. The only winner was the house. The game then filled up and I got back to even as the pots got bigger and skill and discipline came back into play. Then, around midninght it got short again and I lost a few pots paid my blinds and got raked to death. I finally quit as I just could not take it anymore, stuck a small -$229.

I will play for real on Tuesday, my first serious session of the year. I hope to find some good games and start off the new year on a good note. Talk to you next week and I hope everyone has a great 2005. This should be one hell of a year for poker. I can not wait to head out of town to the may tournaments this yet. First stop LA in Feb. Later SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home